Chapter 10 Sunset

Marinette goes to the beach as usual!  This time she arrives there just a few minutes before sunset.   She sees  Adrien is already there.  He seems to be out of it. He talks to himself.  He is so quiet though even Marinette can not make out what he says.  

        "Hi, Adrien!"  Marinette says.

      Adrien turns around at the sound of her voice. "Oh, hi, Marinette!"  Adrien says.

   "You hear to watch the sunset?" Marinette says.

   "Yes, how did you know?" Adrien ask.

  "Well, let's just say great minds think alike." Marinette says.  She smiles up at him and he feels his heart race a bit faster. 

    "Yeah, I suppose you could say so!" Adrien says.  He smiles at her.

   As the sunsets in the sky that night, Adrien and Marinette notice all the lovely colors in it.  

"Wow, look at all the orange, pink and red hues to it!"  Marinette says.

  "Yes, it is really something!" Adrien says.

   "Well, it never ceases to amaze me how awesome the sky  looks at this time of day, or time of year for that matter."  Marinette says.

   "Yeah, I agree!" Adrien says.

  "The moon's  reflection on the ocean is cool too!"  Marinette says.

   "Yes,it is fantastic!  Why, I can even see your reflection in the moonlight." Adrien says.

   "Don't be silly!  Why I don't even think that is possible!" Marinette says.

   "It is when you are as pretty as you are, Mari!"  Adrien says with a sudden serious tone to his voice.

    Marinette is taken about, she can't believe he calls her pretty.  She shakes her head and decides not to let it get to her.  Besides, she reasons to herself, he is probably says that to all the girls.

   Adrien sighs. He only wishes that he could figure out what the old man meant by you will know when the time comes.  He just knows the more he is around Marinette the more he loves her. He dare not say as much though as he is not sure how she feels.  He knows she is one woman who he can not imagine his life without.  Some how the though scares and comforts him at the same time.

  Marinette hears him sigh.  She feels a rain drop on her head. She hears thunder and sees some lightning flash. Without thinking, she reaches out and grabs Adrien's hand!  

"Come, on Adrien, let's get out of the storm!"  Marinette says.

  "Y-yeah, o-okay!" Adrien says.  He feels nervous all of sudden when he feels Marinettes hand touch his.  He does not let go.  He just lets her lead him away from the beach towards a shelter nearby.

  to be continued in Chapter 11  The Gazebo!