Chapter 22 Adrien Goes out of Town!

Adrien goes home with a heavy heart. He packs his things.  He leaves to go visit his father. He has no idea what he will say when he sees him.  It is not like they are on the best of speaking terms.  It is like they are in two different worlds or something.  

      Adrien arrives at the airport with his ticket in hand.  He boards the plane soon.  He sits down near the window seat, so he can enjoy the view.  No that it makes a difference anyway!  He already misses his girlfriend, Marinette even though he just saw her last night!  He falls asleep as the airplane takes off.  He does not even notice when the stewardess comes by with refreshments for the passengers.  He just sleeps through the entire flight.

      When the plane lands, Adrien  dreads the conversation he is about to have with his father.  He gets off the plane as soon as he can.  He steps off into the airport in the United States.  He goes to the hotel where his father is.  He thinks, goodness knows this trip is long over due.  He enters the room.  He notices his father does even look up.  Needless to say, he feels annoyance at the whole attitude his father displays towards him at this time.

     "Father?"  Adrien says.

    "Adrien, it is good to see that you came."  Gabriel says.

     "Well, what exactly was it that need to discuss with me?"  Adrien says.

     " I just want to say that  though I do not always agree with the people you associate with in life, I am proud of you, son."  Gabriel says.

      "What?  You are proud of me?"  Adrien says.

   "Yes, I sure am!"  Gabriel says.

    "Thanks, father!"  Adrien says.  He gives his dad a hug.  To his surprise, Gabriel hugs him back.

     Gabriel remarks,  "Oh,and Adrien!  As you well know when I pass you will come into a huge sum of money.  I suggest you use it wisely.  I would hope you would save some of it.  Also, I would advice you make sure this Marinette of yours feels the same for you before some one else snatches her up." 

   "Actually, father I already have!  She is my girlfriend!" Adrien says.

   "Well, in that case congratulations, son!  Do take good care of her, you hear!"  Gabriel says.

    "Yes, well I intend too."  Adrien says.

    "Well, then good for you.  Good for you."  Gabriel says.

     "Adrien, I am in the best of health.  While you are here, I do hope we can enjoy a nice time with one another.  My doctor says it would be good for me.  Something about father, son bonding time or something."  Gabriel says.

      Adrien does not say another word. He just looks at his father like he is not sure what to think.  Is this person before him really the man who calls himself his dad?  His own flesh and blood?

     As it turns out, Adrien's  visit with Gabriel Agreste went better than he thought it would.  Only the visit was cut short.  As in one day, Adrien wakes up to the sound of his father gasping for air. He runs to see if he can help.  His father manages to say,  "Adrien, I love you!  Now you take care now, son!"   Adrien cries, as he nods his head.  His father passes soon after this.  Adrien stays long enough for the funeral.  Once this is over, he goes back to the airport to fly back home. Back to Sunny, California, and back to his Marinette!

     As Adrien flies back on his way to where he lives, he feels full of  anguish and remorse for what little time he had to get to know his father.  He is sad the only time his father was kind to him and aware of his needs was in the moments before his father died.  He misses him more than he ever thought possible.  He  sleeps for an hour.  Then, he wakes up.  He wonders, what Marinette is up too at the moment and can hardly wait to see her again!

   *Sorry, this chapter was such a tear jerker. Well, that is just how it goes!  What more can I say?

-Summer Cheng

    to be continued in Chapter 23  Luka  Barges in On Adrienette?