Chapter 23 Luka Barges in On Adrienette?

It has been a week since, Adrien's  return from the visit with his father.  Marinette is happy to have him back in town.  Luka shows his annoyance at once since the blonde seems to get some much attention from Marientte.  Why should he?   Luka can not seem to figure it out.

        After work,  Adrien and Marinette leave together.  They hold hands.  Luka follows them to see where they go.  He watches there every move. Talk about nosy.  Goodness, he sure is a snoop!

       Adrien and Marinette go the bowling alley.  The two decide it would be fun!  It has been awhile since their last date.  Besides, it is nice to have a variety of date ideas, so as to have it be such a bore.  Not that they could ever tire of one another's company anyway.  The two enter the place, and Adrien pays for the use of the bowling shoes, balls, and the lane. 

     What a lovely couple !  The lady behind the counter thinks as  Adrienette puts their names into the computer.  Once they finish this, they put on the rental shoes, and Adrien selects a heavy, green ball that weighs fifteen pounds.  Marinette shows her surprise when her jaw drops as Adrien rolls it towards the bowling pins.  She sure is impressed.  That is for sure!

    Marinette looks on as the ball Adrien lets go of heads towards the pins, and knocks them down one by one!  She cheers as he scores a strike!  She thinks, the whole thing is impressive indeed!

    "Wow, Adrien you got them all down in one shot!  "  Marinette says.

   "Yes, I sure did!"  Adrien says.

      Marinette picks up a pink eight-pound ball, and slowly lets go of it.  She watches as it knocks down three pins before it rolls into the gutter.  She shrugs her shoulders.

      "Good try, Mari!"  Adrien says.

       "Hey guys, "  Luka says.

     "Hi, Luka!  What brings you here?"  Marinette says.

    "Yeah, why are you here?"  Adrien says with annoyance in his tone of voice.

     "What a guy can not talk to his girl?"  Luka remarks.

      "I am not!"  Marinette says.

     "Yeah, she is not!  She is my girlfriend!"  Adrien says.

      "Oh, yeah, we will just see about that!"  Luka says.

          Adrien makes a strike on his next turn!  Marinette does on hers as well.  Next, Adrien makes a strike once more!  Marinette knocks down nine pins, so she gets a spare!  On her extra turn, she knocks down the last pin.  The couple continues to play but ignores Luka.  

        The rest of the game Adrien makes more strikes!  Marinette makes a few strikes, a couple of spares, and on her last turn knocks down only six pins.  Adrien wins the game!  

       Adrien hugs Marinette!  She hugs him back!

           Luka walks off ticked off.  He knows now that he has been beaten.  He is not too happy that Adrien won the game!  He had hoped he would lose.  He is not too thrilled that Adrien gets to date Marinette!  He still wishes she would be his girl!  He still leaves just the same.

          Adrien and Marinette go get some nachos that have cheese sauce, and bacon on top of them for a snack.  They eat them as they sit back down.  Once they finish the snack, they talk about how odd it was that Luka just came out of now where like this and in the middle of their date too!  The two agree this was rather rude of him!  It is like the guy can not take a hint that he is not wanted.   

         Now, Marinette and Adrien go to his place.  Once inside, Adrien asks her to stay to play a game. She agrees. They play a video game!  Marinette wins the first game!  Adrien wins the second round of it.  Marinette wins the next game.  

        After this, Adrien goes into the kitchen and fixes enough food to feed an army. He calls her when the food is ready.  

      "Marinette dinner is served!"  Adrien says.

      "Okay, I will be right there!"  Marinette says.

         Marinette enters the kitchen.  She gasps.  "Wow, Adrien!  You really outdid yourself!" Marinette remarks.

          Adrien laughs at this response Marinette gives him when he shows her the table with the candles lite as the centerpiece, the nice dishes with the spaghetti, garlic bread and salad on them.  He smiles as he pours some milk into the glasses.  

        "Why Adrien, it is lovely!  Who will eat it all though?"  Marinette ask.

      "This is for us, silly girl!"  Adrien asks.

       "Haha, I only meant it seems like, so much just for us!"  Marinette says.

       "Your chair, my lady!"  Adrien says as he pulls out a chair for her to sit inside.  

        Marinette smiles at his kind gesture. She sits down.  Adrien sits down across from her.

        Adrien says the blessing and when he finishes they eat.   Marinette thinks, about how nice it is that Adrien would fix such a fine feast just to share with her.  She does enjoy all the food though.  She smiles as Adrien gets up to refill her glass.

       "You are sure are a gentleman!"  Marinette says.

      "Yes, well, I certainly try!"  Adrien says.

       "Oh, and there is dessert too!"  Adrien says.

     "Really, what is it?  I am kinda full from all the delicious dinner we just ate and all."  Marinette says.

        "It will be here soon enough, Mari,"  Adrien says.

      Marinette nods her head. She likes the way he says, Mari.  She is not sure what is it about it.  

        Adrien brings out a pie with cool whip on top.  He smiles.

          "Your pie, beautiful!"  Adrien says.

         " Thanks, cinnamon roll,"  Marinette says.

           Adrien sets the pie plate on the table.  He slices it with the pie slicer and serves himself a slice.  He makes sure to fix Marinette a smaller piece when he remembers she said she was a bit full.  He does give her a little extra cool whip.

           Marinette eats the slice of pie.  She thinks it is some of the best pie she has had in years. 

          "Well, what do you think?"  Adrien asks.

         "The pie is delicious!  Thank you!"  Marinette says.

           Marinette yawns!.

           to be continued in Chapter  24   The Sleepover?