-9-

Max's pov:

To my dismay I woke up way to early, early being 9am right now.

I smiled as I snuggled closer to my cool mate, feeling her play with my hair.

"You didn't sleep." I muttered with my eyes still closed, I ended up hugging her more in my sleep but other than that I didn't move.

"No, I much more preferred watching you."

"Creepy much."

"Maybe, but I couldn't help it."

"Mhm." I hummed and took a deep breath before sighing, I smiled at her smell, it was something I couldn't place since it must smell like something that didn't exist around nowadays but it was calming. "I got to get up." I grumbled and sat up, she let me.

"I'll go dress up, I'll meet you outside." She hopped out of my window on the roof of her house and slipped in her own window.

I sighed as I had training with the pack's young, that means from fifteen to twenty-five, after you trained less with the rest and more on your own.

I pulled some old dirtied black sort shoes, some old shorts and a good for trash T-shirt, we didn't dress good for training as it would get ripped up and dirtied.

I walked out to the clearing, I walk up to my best friend, a brother from another father, my partner in crime and any other nicknames I could come up with.

Derek, nineteen, short spiky brown hair with green eyes, just starting to get a bit of stubble not even near to having a beard, he was muscular but all wolves were no matter if female or male, it just showed off more for males, he was half a head taller than me but it isn't a surprise since I'm just barely smaller than the average, just a few measly centimetres. He was only in old shoes and a pair of destroyed jeans, they were once blue now they are brown and green from the grass and dirt that can't be cleaned out.

"Yo man, you are lucky." He said as he greeted me, as I told you mind links, even if we don't want to there is still a sliver of connection that always remained to make important pass through the pack, guess me having a mate was that since I knew he was talking about that.

"Yeah I guess."

"Yeah I guess? Yeah I guess?!?! Dude!! Your mate is the person that created our pack, was lover of the third and is the most feared person between us and the vampires!! How can you just say yeah I guess?!"

"Dude I already freaked out on my own before so I guess I am fine with it now."

".... Yeah okay I get you but dude wow."

I glared at one of our trainers since it was the beta Alexis had thrown, he broke his upper arm and that bone would heal in an hour but would need to wait a week to shift, shifting did numb our bodies while it broke the bones to shift them around, if you had a broken bone before the shift might fail painfully at that area so you got to wait. Dad was another trainer and surprisingly Alexis was also sticking around chatting to him mostly.

She was wear some small heeled black combat boots that reach up half her calves, blue slim fit jeans with a low waist...... Low waist.... No don't think like that right now Max! a black belt was also there, black leather fingerless gloves and finally oh god only a black sport bra leaving not much to the imagination, her flat stomach clearly visible, if only I coul--"Maxim!" I snapped out of my thoughts as Derek shook his hand in front of my face.

"Stop that." I pushed his hand away.

"You spaced out, don't get yourself all worked up now." I glared since the undertone of 'worked up' was 'aroused' and he knew I understood him, I punched him strong enough to send him back on the ground as her laughed despite the bruise on his face.

"Dude I'd murder you if you weren't my best friend...... No I take that back I would murder you despite being my best friend, I will not murder you because I don't want to be exiled from the pack."

"Okay okay sorry." He stood up with a smile still.

Training passed fast enough for once, like running laps, push ups, crouches and all that stuff.

Right now people were fighting against each other, the only rule being no deadly moves so if I wanted break every bone of someone I could as long as I can be sure they won't die to it but dad would usually stop the fights after the first broken bone if there was any because if all of us were hurt badly he wouldn't have fighters to keep the pack safe.... And usually fights only lasted FIVE minutes and inside a circle on the ground where the grass was worn out and only dirt remained.

Since I was his daughter it was no surprise that I won though I now have a painful bruise on my stomach until it heals, that being a few hours.

"Have you ever taught them to fight cold ones?" I heard Alexis ask.

"I taught them how I was taught."

"So no, you are lucky Hans is your neighbor and actually is a doctor so he wants to help people not hurt them or I feel it would have been a blood bath."

"They know somewhat I guess.... Help out then, if you do see it fit to change a few things, you are the most knowledgeable person around after all."

"Mhm.... So younglings your alpha just told me you don't excessively know how to fight cold ones." Everyone stopped what they were doing to listen to her. "I know how you are being taught nowadays is usually enough to hold out against vampires but it is still a hard fight so a few tips might help, first of all, their speed, cold ones don't feel fatigue as you all must know but they can't keep up that speed for a long while, they might be stronger then when they were humans but unlike you their muscles weren't built for that, the longer they keep up a fight at those speeds the more chance there is for them to hurt themselves...... You might wonder why? Well everyone's body has some type of inhibitor because muscles are strong enough to rip themselves apart, that's why there is cases of humans tapping in that unused force to lift cars off their children in stressful situations..... Cold ones are stronger but have the same inhibitors and speedy movements and strong punches ignore those inhibitors so if they use that a lot they might actually rip their own muscles that's why cold ones fight in a way of moving fast and zipping around and always moving between the two so if you can time a strike when they don't zip you can land a harsh blow." Most of us had decided to sit down while listening to her explanations, even my father and the beta as they deemed it important to listen good.

"You wolves are born with stronger muscle but they aren't human muscles so they can take the brunt of their force but you tend to rush in, I mean that in a way that you.... How can I say this? You actually know you can hit strong so you'll hit stronger, this can lead to breaking bones mostly in the hands as it is surprisingly one of the easiest bone pile to break along with your feet, you need to actually think a little on how you will hit, being careful.... I know it is not in your nature but a cold one can still fight with a ripped muscle but if you broke bones you could say goodbye to shifting and--" She was listing off things off and off and off, some we heard before some we didn't but even so it was captivating.