-24-

Max's pov:

It was painful and a bit humiliating that almost all of us only lasted ten seconds with a few fifteen and she was going easy on us despite saying she wouldn't.

I was sitting, rubbing my jaw as I imagined the pain of the girl she kicked there and then grabbed her face to make her look at her.

"The enemy will use cheap tricks, they don't play fair so why should you?" She asked as she kneed someone in the balls and they yelled she was cheating.

Another boy stepped up to her, it's useful to never get tired if you need to teach a whole pack.

"Now you need to be able to fight vampires to be close to beating me." She flipped him over her shoulders while looking in his eyes. "Your alpha and Hans agreed to a truth so you'll learn with the cold one's half of the time, other half with me, you need to learn how to anticipate a few basic movements like simple box punches and kicks when a cold one zips around to hold your own but of course without the signal in their eyes." She let him crash on the ground.

Oh fuck, I stepped up since as people we passing less and less remained to not have gotten their butts kicked.

I was at a bit of an advantage compared to others because when I fight or am angry, which I always am inside when I hear of Cain, I look slightly lower than usually, that means no eye contact but she can easily move so I could see them again so I have no idea how much of an advantage that is. (I do this and well it is a bother at times since I more like stare at the chest/neck around of a person when I am mad or doing my fighting sports and sometimes it is useful to have a visual contact)

I brought my arms up but she had already zipped before me, I took a deep breath as I was uppercutted in the stomach hard, it sent me flying, she had spent a long while apologizing before we started the exercises because she couldn't go easier on me because we were mates but I reassured her it was fine.... I regret agreeing as this hurts.

I gasped for air and closed my eyes tight until I stood up but I moved my hands slightly and opened my eyes and got a boot to the left ribs as we met gazes, sending me in the crowd.

"eleven seconds you rock, I only lasted seven." Said Derek after pushing his way over to me.

"There people there she did something interesting." Me? I nothing. "Her hands had moved slightly before her eyes opened up again, Max why?"

"I don't know? I guess instinct? A waiting a hit as we were fighting?"

"Instinct is a good word.... So you all know I do not have a wolf that you have in your mind, to explain it, it is like a second consciousness that sees more than you do, a sort of omnipotent entity that sees outside and inside you, that makes you act when you think it's involuntary, it makes you feel.... A second consciousness to your own, a flight or fight response, a gut feeling, a scared jump, a jerky movement out of nowhere.... An instinct, for cold ones it died out but for you it became a wolf, a corporeal being instead of a distant and yet never forgotten thought in the back of my mind but despite it becoming a wolf that primal instinct present in my head is dormant in you, unfortunately you already do feel what I listed despite not having this thought, this idea of a consciousness but deep inside you it remains, separate from your wolf in a way, it those feel different than your already present instincts, with this one even movement you know it was took for a reason behind it, you didn't choose it but your body did, you could act against your usual instincts but these ones are something you know must happen, this is why it created an entity, a wolf, in your mind, to be able to voice itself and take control over the body if let.....We will need to awaken that old instinct, it seems easy but it is hard, this training will be equivalent by ignoring your own judgement, your wolf and not doing any of the current instincts, strengthening this old instinct by forcing it to work, it would make it both harder and more effective if for example you had the inability to see an opponent, with a blindfold, my gift or maybe even his gift if trained well, if you do get to an okay level in using that then you might have a higher chance against me."

My mouth hung open a little, wow I didn't know what I did was this special, my friends looked at each other, this was much deeper than we first ever thought.

Alexis' pov:

It was draining to train the pack, now it was night and I was finally alone again, I like other people don't get me wrong but it is actually tiring to be around them all the freaking time if you understand what I mean here.

I was currently writing out all I had told people in training, what I could tell about my people, about Cain, about me, anything concerning my people in a book with pages filled with lines to write on but nothing else, it might be useful later on and I can still add into it later.

Cain being around made me wonder, I thought I was the only one left but he says we are the only two left...... I was wrong so why couldn't he also be? What if there were one more or multiple of people around? it gave me a headache.... But I knew one thing, if that was true and our spy had said true and there was really a war we were preparing for, then all the supernatural community will hear off it with my name gaining in notoriety with a new story added to it with a new nickname, if a person like me other than Cain was around there must be a time when they will hear off me and recognize my name since all possible survivors were from the one and only pack around, mine, and from the story they will learn where the war took place, in 'The Reserve' and come to me like Cain did but hopefully with peaceful intentions.

I sighed and closed the book before laying on my bed and resting my head on a pillow, closing my eyes as I entered my sleep like state to rest a bit, preparing for a possible war looming over us in the distance.