-20-

Alexis' pov:

I do admit I was surprised by the news but not as much as her parents when I convinced her to tell them, even her brother I've only seen once before had heard of it an hour, the news of course spreading through the link.

I could have created a link since technically this is my pack but it wasn't an everlasting one like the ones wolves had, it could be made and stopped like a normal conversation.

I had a bad feeling about today, a really bad one, like everything was off somehow, it was unsettling to say the least, it confused me that I couldn't pinpoint what was bothering me, I felt like something that would mean harm to all might happen, this, this feeling s my second consciousness that became wolves in the humans' minds, it was telling me all this without it explaining anything.

Max's pov:

I walked around to find Alexis at a place familiar to me now, on the cliff side but something was off.

She was standing on the edge with her hand on her hip, looking troubled as she stared off.

"Are you alright?" She faced me.

"I just have a bad feeling about today, you know how you told me about what Iris told you? That she was only a thought to Kark and a feeling to Haral? I don't have a wolf either as you must know but more like a feeling, an instinct, a second separate consciousness to my own that is more of a feeling than anything else.... It is unsettled and I don't know why."

"I can't exactly imagine what you are telling me since I am not like you but I did get an off feeling once for no reason, all the pack seems a bit more.... Jumpy."

"I noticed too, there must be a presence near that causes this to happen but not close enough for me the sense it."

"You can sense presences?"

"Not in the exact sense of the term but just like how you sensed when I first set foot here, I can do the same with any creature as long as I've known them in some way, I could tell if Hans was here before all of you.... The problem is throughout the years I made more enemies then friends leading to my nicknames around the world so even staying here is dangerous so I worry this feeling might be one of my enemies that learned of my settlement here."

"We are loads here and have allies, you could convince Hans to work with us, we could beat down anyone."

"I trust in your strengths it's not that I don't but I feel like this foe might be stronger than we thought.... Does the island--" "Yes if needed it still serves as an evacuation point off the main land, the children, elderly, none shifted and pregnant will be sent there with several warriors with motorboats until the situation here had calmed down." She nodded, a bit relieved before raising her head and looking bewildered.

"Alexis? Ale--" 'Every fighter gather at the town now!!' I heard dad's mental command shut me off as Alexis walked off.

She grabbed my hand and ran over, people were running around, children confused and scared, the presence felt right now was almost as scary as when Alexis first arrived.

Some shifted while other preferred picking up knifes and stay humans.

"Stay behind!" Alexis ordered with her arm held out towards us over the chaos as wolves couldn't not obey, staying lined up as she stepped forwards, intently staring at dirt road, waiting for someone to appear.

I stayed human since my family was wolves and if they wanted to speak to this presence they'd need an interpret.

Soon appeared a slow walking man no older than twenty maybe, hair dark brown and eyes red, a square jaw without any beard, he was wearing black sport shoes, jeans, a white muscle shirt with a motorbike jacket over top.