chapter 7

Chapter 7 "Allies"

The sun was slowly making its decent, taking its time. Its heat was not as harsh as before but was gradually diminishing to a moderate warmth. Below it the lush lands seemed at peace, with nothing there to disturb them. Butterflies flew from flower to flower, perching on the colorful petals momentarily before flying into the air and resuming their joyful dance. Yet suddenly birds stopped singing and butterflies fled, leaving no sign that they had been there. Moments later six large shapes swooped overhead. No sooner were they gone than the butterflies re-appeared and the birds went back to their twittering, obviously seeing the danger as having passed. 

"It's all so green!" Gina yelled as she hung over the side of her dragon, Sky, and stared down at the land below. 

"You think?" Drake replied rolling his eyes. 

"So, you said they'd be at the 'Red Dragon?" Akira shouted to Dominique, referring to an inn academy city. 

"We said we'd meet up there!" Dominique yelled in reply, looking somewhat worried, "But I was supposed to come back as soon as I found you, so I hope they're still there!" 

Akira nodded. She shot Seth, who was staring down at the lands below, a look before she turned her attention back to what was ahead, a smile on her face. When she had first come to the future she too had been in awe of how lush everything, even in Haiden's lands, had been. Yet even though she had seen it all before, it was still hard to get used to. 

"Wait till they see the city," Akira thought. 

"I still don't see why I have to have my color changed," Redemption complained, referring to what Seth and Akira had discussed earlier on. 

"Ree, we don't want the attention. We're only here to get the others out for now, remember?" Akira replied with a sigh. 

"Why don't we just storm the academy building and take care of things?" Redemption muttered. 

"We could walk right into a trap," Akira replied, knowing that her dragon knew this full well. He had, after all, been the one to suggest a trap in the first place. He was just sulking because it had been decided that Dominique would get some coloring from the city and they would change Redemption's color before they entered it. 

"Besides Ree, think about it in this..." began, wanting to comfort her dragon. 

"Shh!" as Redemption cut her off abruptly Akira frowned. 

"Ree, what is...?" she began. 

"Down there!" Redemption replied, his eyes glued ahead, "There's a commotion." 

Akira looked over at Seth whose eyes were already on her, having picked up the change in mood immediately. 

"What kind of commotion?" Akira frowned as Redemption slowed down. The other dragons followed. 

"Fighting," Redemption spoke after a moment as he began to circle, getting lower with each turn. 

"Ree," Akira sighed, "We have to get to Academy City, I'm sure that whoever...." 

"It's someone we know. I can sense it," was Redemptions reply. 

Akira frowned. Someone they knew? That changed things. It looked like Academy City would have to wait. Yet still, if they were going to help then Redemption would need to stay hidden, "If we want to keep the fact that your here a secret then we'd better wait until we change your color." 

"Which is why I'm dropping you off," Redemption replied. 

"You're what?" Akira asked, blinking.