chapter 32

Chapter 32 “Justice, Revenge or Pure Blindness”

“She’s gone!” Seth announced as he burst into Brandon’s study with Gina and Dominique right behind him.

“Yeah, and left her helmet behind to,” Gina added dryly as she held it up, “Does she want a repeat of last time or something?”

When Brandon did not react but calmly continued to go over the scroll that lay out before him on the table Dominique and Gina shot each other a look.

“Did you hear me?” Seth asked in disbelief. “Akira left!”

“Yes,” Brandon replied calmly, “I know, we talked before she decided to go after Steeson alone.”

“She what?” Gina’s eyes widened in disbelief.

“Why didn’t you stop her?” Seth asked angrily.

“I talked to her,” Brandon replied calmly, “But in the end it was her call to make, she is after all the Rider of Legend,” he added dryly.

“And you’re her mentor. It’s your job to stop her from going right into a death trap!” Seth accused angrily.

“We can only learn from our mistakes,” Brandon replied calmly, still seeming more interested in the scroll before him that in the actual conversation.

“She’s going after Steeson?” Dominique asked in disbelief.

“Crap!” Seth yelled angrily as he thumped his fist down on the table with the scroll.

Brandon looked up at him with a frown. “Seth, control yourself,” he told him.

“You let her go!” Seth accused him angrily.

“It was her choice,” Brandon told him as he met Seth’s angry glare evenly.

“We’re going after her,” Seth growled as he turned to leave the room.

“You will do no such thing,” Brandon’s voice, filled with authority, stopped him in his tracks. “No one leaves this Academy. That’s an order!”

Seth froze while Gina rolled her eyes.

“Do you understand?” Brandon asked sternly.

Seth’s shoulders sagged in defeat. Without replying he stormed from the room. Gina just stood, shaking her head in disbelief while Dominique had an unreadable expression on his face, keeping it blank for a purpose.

“Have I made myself clear?” Brandon asked as he stared directly at Gina.

“Yes sir,” Gina muttered. “Come on Dominique,” she turned, “Let’s find Seth. You come along so that he can take his anger out on you, it will be a good remedy for him.”

Dominique shot her a glare but followed her out if the study anyway. Brandon watched them go. Once they were out of the room he dropped into his chair with a sigh. He was getting too old for this.

Regretfully he shot a look out of the small slit in the wall that served as a window. Akira would be long gone by now, she wouldn’t listen to him and he was sure that out of everyone, the only one who may have been able to persuade her not to go was her dragon Destiny, yet Destiny was old. She slept most of the day and half the time did not know what was going on. She was old, even for a dragon, and her days were drawing to a close.

“Where has all this anger in you come from?” Brandon murmured as he thought of the state Akira had been in. She had changed over the years, and he wasn’t sure if it was towards the good. “You can only teach them so much, one day they have to find follow their own path,” he murmured regretfully. Shaking his head he turned his attention back to the scroll.