chapter 36

Chapter 36 “Past vs Future”

Academy City was in a bustle. The fly zones were overfilled with dragons and riders and even the street ways below were jammed. All were heading to one place, the Academy.

Everyone was curious as to the coming up announcement, for it was not often that Argos, the man the Rider of Legend had put in charge, called the entire city together. There were even rumors that the Rider of Legend herself would be present and this caused a buzz of excitement.

No one noticed a few dragons and riders, who joined the endless lines in the fly zone, that looked lost and constantly gazed at the scenery around them with wide eyed, seeming more intrigued than anything. No one noticed how some of them had suspicious cloaks on that were enough to hide pretty much anything underneath.

Seth and Dominique ended up in the same group. Dominique could almost swear he had seen an evil glint in Gina’s eyes when she had suggested it, yet he did not complain. For Seth’s group would be the first to attack the Academy.

There were ten in the group. It was by far the largest and yet to Steeson would seem small, making him certainly think that this group was a distraction.

“How long until Steeson will make an appearance?” Seth asked Dominique. The two had doubled up on Seth’s dragon as Steeson had Breeze, and while neither of the boys seemed comfortable with the arrangement, they had Gina to thank once again.

“Until the area below the balcony is overfilled. It should still take some time,” Dominique replied.

Seth nodded. “We’ll go right for the Academy then. If we go later he may already start the announcement and we won’t be able to stop him. We don’t need to take any chances,” he said.

Dominique didn’t disagree. Seth was right. At the moment there weren’t enough people gather at the Academy yet for it to be worth to Steeson to make his announcement. If there were, then when the Academy students attacked he could decide to start to reveal himself and Deception to the crowd right away.

“Sure hope your plan works,” Dominique muttered as Seth signaled to the rest of the group that was following.

No one in the fly zone paid any attention as suddenly when the mass neared the Academy nine dragons dived right, leaving the fly zone and heading to the entrance of the Academy instead of the side where everyone else was gathering.

No one in the group spoke as their dragons approached the courtyard. They could see the figures of a few riders in it suddenly hurrying about as they realized that the nine dragons were heading right for them.

Steeson checked the screen before him one last time to make sure that the area he had ordered be used for this occasion was truly filling up with civilians. He smiled as he watched dragon after dragon drop their rider off and then proceed to the Stabling area. As planned, the entire city would turn up. Just as he hoped the rumor of the Rider of Legend being present which he had started had helped in gathering the masses a lot.

Turning he shot a look at Akira who sat in the far corner with a blank face. Her dragon was in the other room to which they would proceed towards in a moment, the room from which they would make their exit out onto the balcony that the council had added on a few years back, the balcony which was five stories up, high enough to be above the ground and yet still to be seen, though not clearly, just to be on the safe side that no one would notice the black rings around Akira’s eyes.

Deception was currently also with Redemption, yet Steeson was not sure how good an idea it was. The two dragons seemed to not be able to stand each other and would constantly eye each other while growling, yet Steeson had made it clear to Akira to order Redemption not to make a move. If things were going to go his way, he needed to find a way to make Redemption more agreeable. Steeson frowned as he thought it over.