Chapter VI - Damned Prophecies

╣╠

"You never took the time to get to know me

Was scared of losin' somethin' that we never found

We're running out of reasons, but we can't let go."

Hollywood's Bleeding

Post Malone

╣╠

Chapter VI - Damned Prophecies

╣╠

If I had never seen any of this I would have never believed it

If I had never seen any of this I would have never believed it. Sitting at a small table that was not meant for humans because I had somehow ended up in a world with more talking creatures than humans.

"They don't even know about the prophecy!" Beaver exclaims to his wife, astonished. Every moment I spend here the less I know.

She steps in with emotions far more controlled than his, "Aslan's return, Tumnus' arrest, the secret police, it's all happening because of you!"

"You're blaming us?" Susan asks, a bit appalled.

"No! Not blaming." Mrs. Beaver corrects quickly, "Thanking you."

"There's a prophecy." He explained, "When Adam's flesh and Adam's bone sits at Cair Paravel on the throne with the prodigy at their side, the evil time will be over and done."

"That doesn't really rhyme." Susan points out.

"I know it won't. You're kinda missin' the point!" The beaver responds throwing his little hands in defeat, "It has long been foretold that two Sons of Adam and two Daughters of Eve will defeat the White Witch and restore peace to Narnia with the prodigy."

"And you think we're the ones? Who's this prodigy?"

"You'd better be the ones, 'cause Aslan's already fitted out your army. Not to mention it's rumored that the prodigy will only come to light when he trusts you more than himself."

"Or herself." Mrs. Beaver amends by smacking he husband upside the head.

Lucy and Susan couldn't help but snicker.

"But... Mum sent us away so we wouldn't get caught up in a war." Susan

"I think you've made a mistake." Peter tells them, "We're not heroes. We're just kids from Finchley." Susan says, only causing the beavers to give each other a confused look, "Thank you for your hospitality."

Susan takes over from here, "But we really have to go."

"No, you can't just leave!" Mr. Beaver declares in a bit of panic.