Chapter VII - Guilty Until Proven Innocent

╣╠

"But it was not your fault but mine

And it was your heart on the line

I really fucked it up this time

Didn't I, my dear?"

Little Lion Man

Mumford & Sons

╣╠

Chapter VII – Guilty Until Proven Innocent

╣╠

"You're- you're not going to eat that?" The faun asks weakly pointing to Edmund's left over food, "I'd get up, but my legs

"You're- you're not going to eat that?" The faun asks weakly pointing to Edmund's left over food, "I'd get up, but my legs..."

Edmund looks down at the lower half of the faun, more specifically the iron chains right above his hooves. His expression first shows shock but quickly moves to guilt.

"Mr.. Tumnus...?" Edmund stumbles out finally in some sort of realization.

I couldn't control my jaw as it dropped open. His epiphany quicky fueled my own as I realized the importance of the faun. He was the one Harlow wanted to protect.

"And you're Lucy Pevensie's brother. She told me about you. This is not how I hoped we would meet though." He says confirming the suspicion, "You have the same nose."

"Woah wait- You're Mr. Tumnus?" I question, barging into their conversation, "The faun that was harboring the human?"

"I will not apologize for keeping the prophecy children safe. Anything to end- How could you know of my involvement? You must be the one that turned me in!" Mr. Tumnus accuses, "For what purpose? I guess it came full circle because here we both are anyway."

I kept quiet as Edmund sunk back against the wall.

"I've believed for years that maybe there was hope for you. Even after the events at Loxley." He sighs, "I feel you are in every intent to prove me wrong."

"Hate to disappoint." I respond cold heartedly.

Tumnus let his gaze fall away from me. Even if it tried to convince him otherwise, it would be no use. The odds of him believing me over the silent prophecy child is small. Not to mention he's most likely never going to leave this cell.

Tumnus went back to talking to the true snitch, "Is Lucy okay?"

"I don't know," He croaks out seeming actually concerned for his siblings.

The surrounding air seemed to tense with a chill. I could see Edmund and Mr.Tumnus both shiver. That usually only meant one thing, my mother was coming.