Chapter XXV - The Crown

╣╠

One day when our kids fall in love,

We can tell them that the odds were against us."

Soldier

James TW

╣╠

Chapter XXV - The Crown

╣╠

The horns sang, the crowd sat in rows, and everyone was quiet

The horns sang, the crowd sat in rows, and everyone was quiet. For the first time in hundreds of years, Kings and Queens would be crowned today. Anyone and everyone flocked to the Cair Paravel, dressed in their very best for what would be the most talked-about event for years to come.

Aslan led the ceremony, giving a small speech about how far Narnia has come and the power of teamwork. I would like to point out that most of it seemed to be rubbish since Narnia would have lost the war without him but I'll allow him to be humble.

Aslan, much like everyone else, didn't want to wait much longer before crowning the new royals so he kept the speech short before someone jumped out of their seats with impatience.

Aslan nodded to Mr. Tumnus, giving him his queue to get Lucy's crown. Mr. Tumnus looked down at the crown picking it up delicately before walking up the stairs just as delicately, most likely scared out of this scarf to trip in front of the whole kingdom.

Nonetheless, Mr. Tumnus made it up to the stairs in one piece just in time for Aslan to announce, "To the glistening Eastern Sea, I give you Queen Lucy the Valiant."

Lucy's beamed as the crown was situated on her head.

"To the great Western Wood, King Edmund the Just," Aslan called next and Robin Hood delivered Edmund's crown without the same fear of the half-goat. Robin Hood was able to contain himself from this jitters as he placed the crown on Edmund's brown hair.

Mr. and Mrs. Beaver stood up next, using both of their little arms to give the crown to the next Queen, "To the radiant Southern Sun, Queen Susan, the Gentle.

I arose next, taking the biggest of all the crowns and starting up the stairs to the thrones."And to the clear Northern Sky, I give you King Peter Wolf's-Bane, the Magnificent."

Peter smiled at me before kneeling, knowing that the height difference would cause difficulties. I thought about making his crown crooked for the fun of it but then I decided against it with all of Narnia watching his first moments as King.

"Once a King or Queen of Narnia, always a King or Queen. May your wisdom grace us until the stars rain down from the heavens." Aslan proudly concluded.