Chapter X - "Peter! Ashton! Language!"

╣╠

"It's like our love cut the line in two

We're on different sides though, lost in the echo."

Talk

Why Don't We

╣╠

Chapter X - "Peter! Ashton! Language!"

╣╠

It has been at least two nights since I took off the necklace, breaking the magic connection

It has been at least two nights since I took off the necklace, breaking the magic connection. It seemed like my veins were surging with power. Everyone in this camp was rightfully avoiding me, leaving only a single guard outside. I was left with only myself and my powers to stop my boredom. Though I quickly learned the dangers of it.

I focus my energy into my hands, feeling an intensity center itself in one place. I quickly spun around and stopped the magic when I hear a light sneeze to the left of me.

"Sorry," A little girl whispers, knowing she had been caught. She had somehow managed to find her way to the backside of the tent without being detected and was now lifting up the side to peer in at me.

She continued to crawl in on her knees before sitting with her legs crossed next to me.

"My older brother and sister told me not to come in here but I figured it was time to give you this back," She tells me with a smile, handing me a tinted grey cloth that I recognize all too well.

I carefully take the cloak out of her little hands, noticing she doesn't flinch at my touch, she remained at ease and unbothered. "You're not scared of me?"

"Of course not! You and your bear friend saved me from the river." Lucy says. I smile at the little one as she scooted closer to me, whispering, "Is it true that you created the storm that came out of nowhere?"

"What you were talking about?" I question.

"No one told you?" She exclaims with a contagiously bright smile.

I shook my head, "I'm not really the most social person in camp."

"Oh my! Well, two days ago, Peter found you unconscious in this very tent. He came running out with you in his arms yelling for a medic. Even Aslan didn't understand what was happening to you. A giant storm filled the sky with weather of all sorts, thunder, lighting, wind, rain and everything else you can think of!" She explained waving her hands in the air and striking them down before her energy dropped to a sadness, "I was afraid you weren't going to wake up at all, but then Aslan figured it all out."

"I did all of that? All I remember is waking up to your brother in my face. I didn't think I was capable of that much." I tell her, silently wondering what else these powers had in store.