Chapter IX - To Control the Uncontrolled

╣╠

"There was a time when I was alone

Nowhere to go and no place to call home."

Lost Boy

Ruth B.

╣╠

Chapter IX - To Control the Uncontrolled

╣╠

"Is there anything we can do to help Edmund?" I ask, my mind never far from my brother and his safety

"I'm doing my best, son," Aslan answers, "I had a raven sent off in the night to deliver a message to the White Witch, an offer for your brother in exchange for Ashton. It returned this morning declined."

"She wouldn't trade our brother for her own daughter? Her heir?" Susan questions, overcome by shock and sorrow for the girl.

"War and power bring out the worst in people, dear one. The White Witch trained Ashton for days like this. Raised a warrior but never made time for a daughter." Aslan explains to all of us, "Ashton may look emotionless but she is half human, meaning her humanity is just as prominent as yours."

"Her father was human?" Peter suspects.

"Ashton is what we call "bidimensional", a part of your world and a part of this one. Many creatures here are in fact. Since magic only resides in this universe, it can only prosper with additional abilities here. If a bidimensional leaves this dimension, they will lose the magic that makes them special." He explains.

"You're a lion that talks, does that make you a bidimensional too?" Lucy asks.

He smiles at her and her ability to understand anything with an open mind, while Susan and i both were still trying to wrap our heads around the fact that we were actually in a different dimension, "I'm a bit different young one, I'm known as a tridimensional, but we won't get into that now."

"Back to the problem at hand," He guides, "The day that Ashton was born a little over seventeen years ago the winter chill broke. The first flower showed its color in over 80 years. This gave Free-Narnians enough hope to begin their search for me under the request of Ashton's father. He requested to meet me at the lantern waste. But then, just as fast as the flower came, it fell."

"What happened to Ashton's father?" Susan asks dearly.

"Unfortunately, he never made it to the lantern waste. His body was found ten kilometers away with no sign of a magical siphoner diamond that has incredible power over magic itself." Aslan sighs, "Although I was able to speak with him in the land of the dead. The only way to get to the land of the dead is to die or give up everything, without your soul finding peace. He told me of Ashton's birth and that he loved his daughter endlessly. He only wanted the best for her, which he believed was away from a world on the brink of civil war, with Ashton at the center of it as the next heir. He wanted Ashton to be sent to your world and maybe she would return one day to take her place among her people, as her choice. Her mother wanted to train her to fight for herself and use her magic. Both wanted to protect her, just in different ways."