Chapter XVIII - The Art of Deception

╣╠

"All because of you, I do right

Because of you, I have a purpose

Fight for the world, because you're worth it."

Hide

Juice WRLD ft. Seezyn

╣╠

Chapter XVIII - The Art of Deception

╣╠

I am woken up to bone-shaking thunder

I am woken up to bone-shaking thunder. Nothing stops me from running to the single tent I have run to more times than any other, screaming for any guard that could hear on my way. As I approach I can hear the hard clank of metal and a deep bear roar. I barge into without needing any further justification.

I find Benvolio kicking a puma with his hind legs while scratching another. Ashton was locked with one sword holding off a boar by its horns as she used another sword to slice a large gash in a female fauns leg as she came after her. She threw a small ball of fire at the latest puma attacking Benvolio, burning its arm.

I grab Ashton's water pitcher, throwing it on the puma's arm. The loud sizzle caused everyone to look up.

"Unless this you take up residence in this tent!" I shout at the top of my lungs, "Get out! Now!"

No protest come with my order. Everyone besides Ben and Ashton clear the tent. Many were limping and out of breath. The first thing Ashton did was run to Benvolio, making sure he didn't get injured. Which was more like Benvolio just swatting Ashton away as she tried to check him for wounds. Then Ashton places her blades back in their holsters that lie on the floor, it was uncommon to see her without them.

The attackers are met with a group of guards outside to be arrested.

"Ashton, I'm so sorry." I ramble, not knowing how to put how much I hate myself right now into words, "I should have listened-"

She walks over to me, not saying a word, before swiftly slapping me across the cheek.

"I deserved that," I admit fairly, knowing I deserve worst for putting her life at risk.

She still doesn't say anything as she just throws her arms around my shoulders, enveloping in me in a hug. I am taken back for a second before I desperately wrap my arms around the small of her back, pulling her closer to me. I can feel her increased heartbeat against me, only making me want to hold her tighter. The thunder that woke everyone in camp up now was just a dull purr in the distance.

"That bitch! She has him believing everything she says." A male faun yells outside, not done with this fight.

Ash and I unwrap ourselves to see the chaos he was creating as he let out a final shout, "Enough!"