Chapter XXVI - "Your Grace"

╣╠

"I remember the day you told me you were leaving

I remember the make-up running down your face

And the dreams you left behind you didn't need them

Like every single wish we ever made."

Amnesia

5 Seconds of Summer

╣╠

Chapter XXVI - "Your Grace"

╣╠

I shut the doors to my bedroom balcony as I heard a second knock on the door

I shut the doors to my bedroom balcony as I heard a second knock on the door. The room returned to its dark state with the blinds still covering the windows.

"Come in!" I holler, allowing a faun and two small hares into the room, carrying enough food to feed a small horse.

"Breakfast for his majesty," The lighter of the two hares announced with a cheerful tone.

I smiled, "Thank you, all of you."

"Do you need anything else, My king?" The faun asks, "Would you like us to let some morning light in?"

"That's quite alright, I can handle those myself," I answer, saying close to the wall.

"Are you sure? It's really no problem." He says taking a step towards with windows.

"No. It's fine." I say harsher than I intended. I return to my original smile, adding extra warmth, "Thank you again though."

They all nod respectively before exiting the room. As soon as I heard the door click, I lock it. Turning my attention back to the balcony. I walked over to the double doors, opening both at the same time to see Ash leaning against the wall, out of sight from anyone inside my bedroom.

"Smart thinking," I compliment her on her quick hiding spot and giving her a quick kiss.

She kisses me back, "As much as I hate to say it, I should get going before someone realizes I'm missing."

"Surely you can at least stay for breakfast." I persuade grabbing her hand.

Ash sighs, pretending to ponder it for a moment, "I suppose I could."

I smirk, heading over to the table with all the food, not letting go of Ash's hand.

"Um, Peter, why are these strawberries brown?" She asks concerningly, turning her nose at the food.

"What?" I question, concerned myself for the second before I realized what she was talking about. I chuckled a bit, "They're chocolate-covered strawberries."