CHAPTER 10

I was late to maths, again. Great. I run down the relatively empty hallways before I turn a corner and smash into someone. 

"Watch it evil bitch." She snarls, I look up to see one of Penelope's friends. I realise that I don't actually know what her name is. 

"Who the hell are you?" I say without thinking, shit why did I say that?! 

"Are you kidding me! I'm Venus." 

"What." I mutter out. 

"Venus Castillo." 

She had long auburn hair and dark drown eyes, I remembered her name from when we first arrived at the academy. 

"Right, sorry about that." I said, moving away from her. 

"Not so fast Parks." She snarls at me. 

"What?" I ask, my patience was wearing thin. I turn back at her and see her fist slowly raise, was she really trying to punch me? I step away just in time and she huffs in annoyance as her fist narrowly misses my face. 

"You're not getting away you little cunt." 

What the hell was her problem?! She advances towards me and I look around me, the hallway was empty now. Behind me was huge pillar near the window causing a shadow to be cast. I smirk and look back at Venus. 

"Catch me if you can." I saw before shadow travelling to my maths class. 

----

I hated weekends. Now I know what you're thinking, hating weekends? How could someone hate weekends? 

Good question. 

It was because I had nothing to do on weekends. I had finished my homework, I had nowhere to go, and I had no friends. 

I know, sad isn't it? 

I really wanted to make up with Jude but he continued to ignore me. He really had to grow up and get over it. My parents came to visit me on Saturday, they said they loved me and apologised for not seeing me sooner. They said they had to 'process' what happened. What a bunch of assholes. My brother was cool with it though and was the only one who acted like a real human being towards me. 

Now it was Sunday, and I was half reading a random book I had found in the library. I decide to head back up to my room so I place the book back on a random shelf. 

When I walk into my dorm I see something I NEVER wanted to see again. Someone put a dead cat on my bed. I'm not joking. 

I walk in to find a dead cat on my bed with it's neck split open, next to it is a note that said "watch your back." I felt like screaming, my breathing started to become more rapid as I ran out of the room. My eyes slowly starting to water. I run past the furious looking guard and go into the teachers wing. Luckily Mr Faye was in his room. 

"Someone put a dead cat on my bed." 

He looks up at me like I was clinically insane. "What's that now?" 

"Someone put a dead cat on my bed!" 

----

The dead cat was taken care of, and the principal made an announcement during Monday's breakfast that this behaviour was not tolerated. As if the culprit would listen to her. Suddenly one of the teachers, Ms. Reyes runs into the room screaming. 

"Oh my God, please oh..." 

Everyone is completely startled as she collapses to the floor screaming incoherent sentences. 

"Miranda? What happened?" Asks the principal, as all the teachers rush over to her. Along with all the students, I rush to the front of the crowd staring at the dishevelled teacher. 

"She.... She... took, took my powers!" 

I widen my eyes... that book I found in the library. A Dark Elf's Guide To Stealing Powers.
And Penelope was the only one who had checked it out. She must be behind this, my eyes meet with Mr Faye's and I nod my head to the hallway. He nods in understanding and we both turn to leave the dining hall. 

"I know who did it." I state once we're alone. 

"Really? Who?" 

"The same person who has been out to get me this entire time.... Penelope." 

"No, she wouldn't do that." 

Why was he being so defensive, "you're in on it too aren't you! How could I have been so stupid!" 

"Odette! Calm down, Penelope was in the dining hall at breakfast." 

"How do you know?" I question. 

"Because I saw her." He doesn't let me say anymore before turning back to help with the Ms Reyes situation. Elves are bound to their powers and the God who claimed them, Ms Reyes lost her powers. Which means she will most likely go insane and completely loose it! I was determined to find out who it was. 

---

Thanks for reading! 

Sorry this chapter was kind of short! Make sure to vote if you enjoyed it and follow me on wattpad!

Go follow my instagram at sophs_author