CHAPTER 12

I sat in my bed and let out a small sigh, it was one o'clock in the morning and I couldn't get to sleep. The beauty that comes with being claimed be Caspian. I rolled onto my side, shutting my eyes once again, trying to drift to sleep. I somehow was able to doze off, but a noise of the door opening and closing wakes me up. I turn to see a figure walking out of the room. 

Curiosity took over, and after a few seconds I silently tip toed towards the door and slipped outside. I see a girl running down the stairs and into the common room, it was so dark I couldn't see who it was. But I see her take out a book. This must be it, Penelope must be getting ready to steal someone's power.... surely.... 

I duck down as I walk a few metres into the boy's dorms, I walk down the rows of doors until I find the one for first years. Jude must be up there somewhere, he's the only one I can trust to help me take her down. 

I find him curled up asleep, his long lashes brush his soft skin, his cheekbones high and defined in the shadow of the moon. He was ridiculously good-looking. Okay, I'm getting off topic here. 

"Jude!" I whisper yell, shaking him awake. He groggily opens his eyes after a few seconds. 

"What.... Odette? What the hell are you doing you're not allowed in here!" 

"Shut up and listen to me! I saw someone go downstairs, I have a feeling in my gut that it's the person who's been stealing powers!" I say. 

"So? Go get a teacher." He says, slumping back into his mattress. 

"No! Jude please! I know you're mad at me, but you're the only one I trust." 

He ponders my words for a moment before silently getting up and following me down the stairs. We stop as we see the figure pulling a hood over their heads and walking towards the door. I now realise they're holding a bag of some sort, this cannot be good. They move towards the door and leave the dorms. 

"You sure about this?" Jude asks. 

"Of course! Did you see how dodgy all that was?" 

Jude sighs as we slowly follow them out the door, we see them just turning down the corridor and we silently jog to catch up. But still making sure we stay a good distance behind them. They were moving towards the back of the school, we then see the figure opening up a creaky door and disappearing inside. 

"Oh my god." Jude whispers.

"What?" 

"That's the door to the basement." He replies. 

Great, nothing ever goes down well there. 

----

I know that chapter was short but I will be writing longer ones! Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been SUPER busy with school! 

Follow me on wattpad!

And on my instagram at: sophs_author