CHAPTER 19

School seemed to be getting better, especially since I now had a new friend, Luna. She was quite an oddball, but I liked hanging out with her a lot. Jude seemed to like her as well, and soon enough we were pretty inseparable.

Surprisingly everything's been quiet and calm, which definitely puts me on edge. I have this awful feeling in the pit of my stomach that something big is going to happen. And soon.

Regardless, I try my best to live in the present and ignore that pit in my stomach. It was now a  Tuesday evening, and we were all hanging out in the common room when we heard Ms Murphy's voice over the intercom.

"All students please make your way down to the dining hall in an orderly fashion." She bellows. We all look at each other, it was almost 8 o'clock in the evening! What could possibly be going on?

We all make our way down their and take our seats at our usual tables, so I'm on my own of course.

"Quiet down everyone!" Mr Faye says into the microphone before passing it to Ms Murphy.

"Thank you for making your way down here, I'm sure you are all curious about what you're doing here. But something bad has happened, in many towns throughout the country there have been attacks made by the White Chain. The same terrorist group that attacked our school around a month ago, they've already captured some major cities and that is why we are putting the school on lock down."

Everyone starts going into a panic, but I'm completely speechless... The White Chain wanted power, that's what Harry, their leader told me. They must have been stealing people's powers with that stupid amulet.

"Okay okay ! Settle down! We've spoken to your parents, and they agree that this is the best course of action. This school is highly secure, and you will all be safe here until this blows over." Ms Murphy finishes off. I meet eyes with Jude who looks slightly worried. Then the teachers dismiss us back to our dorms.

I wouldn't stand for this, I had to try to stop Harry and the White Chain. That prophecy says that I would be the one who takes them down, if I was even the one in the prophecy that is...

As we head back into the common room, I bring Jude and Luna to a quiet corner to talk.

"I can't be locked up in here for who knows how long. I need to stop Harry."

"Odette are you crazy? That guy must be even more powerful now, he's been capturing hundreds of powerful elves and stealing their powers." Jude whisper yells.

"I know, but remember that prophecy? The countess of darkness must bring forth dawn, and a forbidden relationship will help forbid war"  I recite.

"Wait. You're the countess of darkness?" Luna asks.

"Apparently, that's what Ms Murphy said to me."

"What are you going to do?" Jude questions, drawing his eyebrows together.

"I don't know, but I'm going to stop him." I reply.

"Not just you, we are going to stop him!" Luna whispers excitedly.

"Yeah, there's no way you're doing this on your own Odette." Jude says.

"You guys really wanna risk your lives? For me?"

"Yeah, this is gonna be awesome!" Luna exclaims tossing her blonde hair over her shoulder.

"I wouldn't use 'awesome' in this situation, but yeah of course we're going to help you." Jude said.

I smile brightly at them, "okay, now I just have to ask Mr Faye or Ms Murphy about it. They have to let me go."

---

Sorry this was quite a short chapter-- but hey! Things are starting to get interesting!

Remember to comment and vote!