CHAPTER 20

That night I couldn't sleep, I couldn't stop thinking about how I was going to stop the White Chain, and Harry.

I climbed out my window and sat in my usual spot outside. A cold, harsh gust of wind hit my face and I could feel a presence beside me.

"Hello darling!" Caspian exclaimed, I looked over at him, he was in his usual 17 year old form. His thick black hair sweeping over his forehead, he sat beside me.

"Do all the Gods and Godesses constantly visit the elves they've claimed?" I ask.

"Don't think so, but you're a special elf" he replies beaming at me. I scoff and roll my eyes.

"What do you want?"

"Hmm... Just checking in, I heard you and your little friends are going to ask your teachers if you can leave school? To stop the White Chain?"

"Yeah why?"

"You should just leave school, there's no way they'll let you leave." He replies pulling out a cigarette.

"Ugh, I guess you're right. Also, why aren't the Gods and Godesses doing something about this threat?" I ask.

"We're not inclined to meddle with this stuff, unless it's absolutely necessary. Besides, there's a prophecy involved with this situation, we can't really interfere. Well... Not the others anyway.."

I nod my head in understanding, "what do you mean not the others? What about you?"

Caspian lights his cigarette before saying, "I'm an outcast, have been for decades. I come to the occasional meeting but I just don't... Fit in I guess."

"Ha, tell me about it, I've never fit in anywhere." I reply, Caspian blows out a puff of smoke.

He turns his head to face me, his pitch black eyes meet my bright blue ones. He brings his hand towards my face and tucks a few strands of my dark hair behind my ear. We're both very silent for a moment, his hand lingers on my cheek, my breath hitches at the tingling feeling.

I turn my head away from him, my heart was beating so loudly I swore Caspian would be able to hear it. He removes his hand and takes in another puff of his cigarette.

"Those things will kill you," I say, breaking the awkward silence.

"Good thing I'm immortal."

I scoff again, smiling at him, he smiles back and we sit there for a while. Just enjoying each others presence.

"You should leave tomorrow night Odette, before it's too late for you to stop Harry."

"Yeah good idea."

Caspian stands to leave, but before he goes he says, "I'll be rooting for you Odette, I know you can do it." A second later he disappears into the night.

I let out a sigh I didn't realise I was holding. What just happened?

---

The next morning I tell Luna and Jude that we were sneaking out tonight, we would meet up in the common room and 2am.

"Where do we go from there?" Luna questions.

"The last town the White Chain were spotted was in Erian, we'll start there." I reply.

"Sounds good to me," Jude says, "I need to go pack a bag."

I nod my head, before Jude leaves he tries to kiss me but I awkwardly pull away.

"Sorry I need to go.." I leave the common room without abother word, I can feel Luna and Judes gazes follow me.

I splash some water on my face, what was wrong with me at the moment? I used to feel really happy and relaxed when I was with Jude. But now it feels weird, were we better as friends? Should I tell him my feelings? That might make it worse, I shouldn't break up with him. Not yet anyway. I probably just woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, I'll be back to normal in no time.

All this White Chain business was stressing me out, yeah that was it.

"Are you okay Odette?" Luna's voice sounds out from behind me.

"I'm fine, just stressed and a little scared about everything."

"It's okay, I get it, we all feel like that but I know we can do this. You can do this."

"Thanks, that's what I needed to hear."

--

I FINALLY updated! I'm so sorry for the delay, I've been super busy at school since I've had exams!

I should be uploading a lot frequently during the summer! Hopefully I'll finish this book by then!

Vote and comment if you enjoyed this chapter! <3

What are your predictions for the next few chapters?