CHAPTER 24

We had finally made it to Erian, I could hardly believe it myself. However when we arrived at the outskirts of the town it was already nightfall, and it seemed to be surrounded by White Chain members. All around the perimeter of the town were men and women wearing white cloaks. 

"Shit," mumbled Luna as we all ducked behind a huge willow tree. 

"What the hell are we supposed to do now? How will we get to Harry?" Jude whispers, staring at the guards who were milling around. 

"We've first got to get into the town undetected and figure out then the plan." I respond, thinking of how to get past the guards.

"I have an idea on how to get in!" Caspian whispers eagerly, "shadow travelling! Duh!"

"No I am not doing that again," Luna replies.

"Please Luna? It's the easiest way to do it..." I say.

"No way, we can just con our way in." Luna objects.

"How the hell are we supposed to do that?" Jude pipes up.

"Easy, we just come up with a scenario. Something like we are merchants coming to sell goods." Luna states proudly.

"That's a little suspicious don't you think?" Caspian replies nonchalantly.

"Fine then we'll split up, Jude come with me." Luna says quickly as she grabs Jude's arm. They both walk towards the guards.

"Come on," Caspian mutters dragging me to the west entrance instead.

"Okay let's just shadow travel inside," I suggest as we hide behind a bush.

"Where's the fun in that darling?" Caspian says with a sly smile.

"Okay... Please don't tell me we're not going to go with Luna's stupid idea."

"We won't, we'll improvise!" Caspian exclaims, before I can question him he walks off.

"Caspian! Caspian wait!" I whisper yell, following him around to the side of a house.

I could hear the guards talking a few meters away, and I could hear them coming closer and closer.

"You better have a good excuse when those guards come around Caspian. Or I swear to the gods that-"

But then Caspian does something that I never thought would happen. He kissed me. At first my eyes are wide open, but then I relax into the kiss. Moving my lips with his slowly, it was a insane feeling. My stomach was in knots and my head dizzy. I ran my hands through his thick black hair, pushing him against the wall. All I could focus on was him as his tongue skillfully slipped into my mouth.

"HEY! What do you think you're doing out after curfew! Go back home you horny teens!" Tells a guard standing a few feet away from us. We quickly broke apart, muttering a quick apology before running into the town.

"Holy shit," I mutter under my breath. That just happened.

We see Jude and Luna standing in front of an alley way.

"How'd you guys get in?" Jude asks us as we huddle together in the alley.

"Shadow travel," I reply instantly, glancing at Caspian uneasily who was staring at the ground.

"Anyway, we found a small bungalow a few blocks down from here that had a 'for sale' sign. No one lives there so I think we will be able to break in there and set up camp." Luna states gesturing behind us.

"Sounds perfect," Caspian gritted out.

We all make our way to the house, Caspian and I actually shadow travel inside this time and unlock the door for the others. We all gather around in what looks like the living room, taking out our sleeping bags in a small circle. Dumping all of our bags to the side, you could tell we were all exhausted as we all collapse onto our sleeping bags.

"I just want to fall asleep but I'm so hungry," Jude says.

"Yeah" Luna mutters.

I reach over to our bags and grab a sandwich for everyone. We had just packed enough food, as we only had around one more days worth of food left.

Everyone ate their sandwiches in a matter of seconds before we all drifted off without another word.

I woke up the next day just as the sun was starting to rise, Jude and Luna were still asleep. But Caspian was nowhere to be seen. I suddenly feel a chill breeze touch my exposed skin. I grab my jacket and wrap it around myself, before walking through the kitchen to find the back door wide open. Caspian is sitting on the porch steps, looking out at the sunrise.
I sit down next to him wordlessly, we both said nothing for the next few minutes. Although I could have sworn it felt like hours of us just sitting there in silence. There was so much tension between us, so much things left unsaid. Yet I didn't know where to start, so I just remained silence. Basking in the awkwardness.

"How the hell are we supposed to defeat Harry?" Caspian finally says breaking the silence... I literally had no idea.

°°

Finally posted another chapter!
Make sure to vote and comment if you're enjoying the story so far!

Make sure to go follow me on my Wattpad!