Prologue

Tom Pov:

"Edd?! Edd wake up!" I say to Edd as I look down at his body laying in the hospital bed.

The monitor continues to make a persistent beep that slowly kills me inside.

Doctors pull me and Matt out of the hospital room.

I start hyperventilating as tears fill my eyes.

"Tom! Calm down!" Matt says and hugs me in a comforting way.

I hug back and my hyperventilating slowly comes to a halt, but tears still continue to flow down my cheeks.

"Why Matt?... Just why?...." I ask in a whisper and fall to my knees holding my head in my hands.

Matt goes onto his knees in front of me.

"His breathing just... Stopped..." I whisper.

"I'm sorry To-"

"He's dead," Me and Matt hear.

We look to the hospital room door to see a doctor with a grim expression.

My heart sinks down to my stomach and I scream as loud as I can, "WHY EDD!!!!"

*Time Skip*

I look down at Edd's peaceful face as he lays in his coffin.

I wrap his lucky can chain around his neck and have him hold the lucky can itself.

"Edd I'm sorry that... I'm just so sorry that I couldn't be a better friend... I always thought you'd be with me until I die myself... But I was wrong and I'm sorry about that. Please remember that I'll forever be your best friend. Dead or not... You'll still forever be my best friend. I love you Edd," I say to Edd's corpse.

I gently hug his cold body.

I smell his strong scent of cola... For the last time.

I pull back and walk out of the cemetery before anyone could start the funeral.

------------

I actually cried from my own writing

I'm such a wimp