Lane Hiyashi

Tord Pov:

"Soldier 600 come on to the battle field!" I yell into the microphone that sends my voice to where the soldiers are. while grabbing another piece of paper to write notes on.

If they pass the test then they become a soldier of the Red Army and of course if they fail they have to die so they can't leak information to the public.

Soldier 600 comes into the battle field room with the simulation equipment.

"Start the simulation," I command the computer workers.

They nod and press some buttons.

My job is to watch closely at their performance.

Basically I have to write down how they handle the simulation guns, how they do close combat, how they do long distance combat, if they have a weakness to close combat, if they have a weakness to long distance combat, how well they aim with the different types of simulation guns, what areas of the body they focus on when they attack the enemy or if it's a robot what robotic parts they focus on to destroy the robot faster, what type of guns they work best with, what guns they work worst with, how many enemies they defeat, how many bullets they dodge, how many bullets they get shot with, how well they handle pain, how well they handle tough situations and if they handle them fast or slow, how calm or confident they are when they fight, senses they use well, how fast and and how slow they run and sneak around, how steady their breathing and heart rate is, how much stealth they're able to use, and of course how merciful and perceptive they are.

We have to put them through different simulated areas with different guns each time, but we always make the test 1 hour.

Of course the soldiers and the judges have to take breaks to sleep and eat since every 24 people takes 24 hours to finish.

We do these 24 hours on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

When we get new recruits we usually get up to 1,000 soldiers.

The battle field room has a material coating everything in it including walls I placed inside to act as shields.

This material simulates the areas they'll be performing in which hooks up to their suits and goggles to make the area feel and look as real as possible.

This is the last soldier today, so after this 1 we're all going to bed.

The simulated area the soldier is in is a desert battle field with simulated enemies inside which the soldier will be attacking and dodging bullets from.

If 1 bullet hits the soldier then they feel simulated pain that you'd get if you were really shot.

This soldier looks confident AND calm, these are very good traits.

I write it down.

There are TVs above the 1 way window to show what he sees through his goggles and also there's also cameras in the room that simulate the area as well so we also have a 3rd person perspective.

They immediately get into a safe position behind a wall.

The suit they have on tells us how fast they move, how fast they're breathing, and what their vitals are which gets sent to a monitor that I have to check every once in a while.

Their breathing and their heart rate is very steady right now, which is odd since this is a life or death test.

I write down the time and the numbers showing me how calm their breathing and heart rate is.

They turn their head very quickly behind the wall and they head shot a NPC that was trying to sneak up on them then they immediately get up and quietly run to another wall.