1: An Unfair Attack

Love drives you crazy. Kira knew this because she had seen it firsthand. She watched her parents go insane as a child and she grew up troubled because of it. Her father worked all the time in his business office and her mother drove herself drunk with alcohol. In reality, Kira raised herself.

At age twelve, her father introduced her to a boy named Seto Kaiba. Later she would discover that her father and Gozaburo Kaiba of Kaiba Corp had made agreed to make a business partnership if Seto was arranged to marrying his daughter, an heir to her father's wealthy earnings. Of course, years later Kaiba Corp was overturned by Seto Kaiba himself and Kira's father lost every cent had. Her mother had passed months before the event and her father blamed her for conspiring with Seto and ruining their partnership.

Seto rescued her from the abusive attacks of her father and allowed her to live with him and his brother Mokuba if she desired. Ironically, Kira did end up falling for him and their relationship began. It was very successful until Seto, known as Kaiba in the real world, became famous as a duelist in the game called Duel Monsters. He seemed to drift away from his girlfriend and even his brother as he traveled the globe challenging opponents.

Kira scoffed as she currently heard him dueling someone in the arena room on her way home from school. She went to her room and placed her backpack on her bed. Kira's eyes saw her plants by the window wilting and she gasped before rushing over to water them.

While doing so, a group of kids running to the front of the tall building caught her eye from down below. She frowned to herself.

'I wonder what they want?'

Kira decided to go see the reason for the commotion and ventured down the hall and back towards the lobby. As she neared, nervous and angered voices were echoing off the walls.

"Hello," Kira asked in confusion, approaching the voices.

"Look it is Kira Ellen!" A group of kids who looked familiar stood at the entrance of the building.

"Who are you?" Kira asked, blushing at the attention nervously approaching. "Does Seto know you are coming?"

"I'm Yugi Muto! Kaiba has taken something from me," a short boy in the center with violet eyes exclaimed. He looked upset and Kira frowned again. "Do you know where he is?"

Kira nodded. "I'm sorry he did that to you." She turned. "Follow me."

They all ran to the entrance of the dueling room where Kira had heard voices from earlier. Suddenly an old man crawled out of the room groaning in pain.

"Huh?" Kira exclaimed with wide eyes.

The short kid gasped and ran towards the old man. "Grandpa! Grandpa. A-are you okay?

"Yugi. I failed." The old man pushed himself up slightly. "I wanted to teach that boy Kaiba a lesson about the heart of the cards, but I lost."

"Grandpa!" The boy named Yugi said. The others gasped as a new voice spoke up.

"How's the old man feeling, hmmm?" Everyone looked up to see Seto standing there.

"Kaiba, you sleeze. What've you done to him?" The tall guy Kira believed to benamed

Joey was glaring at her boyfriend.

"Seto," I grumbled and they all looked at me. Seto raised an eyebrow. "What have you done?"

"Quiet Kira." Seto closed his eyes. "This is none of your concern. Why don't you go home, my dear."

"My dear?" the guy with the brown hair asked in confusion.

"Yeah Tristian," the girl answer. Her name was Tea and she shared a class with Kira at school. "Kira Ellen is Seto Kiabia's girlfriend."