3: Attack of the Moths

The gang wanted to be at the front of the ship so they migrated there, eager to get off the water. Kira watched the waves as they neared the island. The hit the sides of the boat, the water seeming to glitter. The island looked like some famous resort.

Joey gasped. "Man, this Duelist Kingdom looks like a pretty big place, Yugi. Finding your grandpa's not gonna be easy."

Yugi nodded. "Well, we gotta start somewhere."

Kira pondered in confusement. "Wait what?" She looked to Yugi for answers. "Why would your grandpa be here?"

Yugi blushed as he was caught in the act and Joey raised an eyebrow. "Yug, you didn't tell her? Kira, Pegasus challenged Yugi to a duel. When Yugi lost, Pegasus wanted to claim a prize. So he took Yugi's grandpa soul and won't give it back unless Yugi wins the tournament."

Kira gaped, her mouth open. "Stole his soul?"

"Yep."

She looked to Yugi. "How does one steal a soul? Is he joking?"

"I wish," Yugi sadly told her.

The boat reached the island, causing a jolt to run through the ship. Kira, having bad balance, once again was about to fall. Yugi caught her and she gave him a smile of gratitude.

Joey pointed. "Whoa, check out the suits."

Everyone started to join them at the front and when it was silent, one man in a suit addressed them. "Attention, all duelists. Please disembark in an orderly fashion."

Tristan suddenly stiffened beside Kira, giving Téa a nudge. "Hey Téa, what if one a' those security guys finds out we're both stowaways? We oughta just play it safe and swim back!"

Téa rolled her eyes. "We're in the middle of nowhere, lamebrain! If you can just try and act normal, we'll be okay."

Everyone began to file down the ramp. Kira followed behind Joey, who abruptly stopped when Tristan let out a yelp. They all turned back to see the guard messing with him lightly. Tristan chuckled nervously along before quickly stumbling after his friends.

"I think I just had a heart attack!"

Téa sighed. "Way to play it cool, Tristan. That wasn't suspicious at all." Kira giggled and Téa smiled at her.

"Mmmph! All right!" Joey exclaimed. "Every single one of us made it here safe-" He abruptly sneezed causing both girls to jump away.

"Ew!" Téa cried. Kira frowned beside her.

As Joey sniffed sadly, Yugi narrowed his eyes. "You would never have caught that cold if it wasn't for Weevil."

Joey sighed. "Speakin' of our wormy friend, looks like he just slithered his way off the boat and is already lookin' to start some trouble. That slimeball, I'd love to wipe that smirk off his face."

Everyone turned to follow Joey's gaze. The creepy Weevil kid was smirking at them. Kira looked away angrily and Yugi glared at him.

"Welcome, all duelists." A man in a suit interrupted them. He looked like the boss of the other men. "Please-- follow the stairs to meet your host!" He starts leading the way up a staircase the ended in front of a giant castle.

"That castle's gotta belong to Pegasus!" Yugi said confidently.

Joey grinned. "Then what're we waitin' for!"

All the compititors started to climb the stairs. Kira looked around as she followed Yugi and Joey. She didn't recognize anyone she knew besides the weird Mai girl she spotted some ways away.