Chapter Twenty-Three

            Procratus is a world entirely different from Valsea. There are no galaxies that can be seen from the sky, only shining white clouds that cover the skies heavily with their massive shapes.

        This world is devoid of any suns, however there is one moon that peers around the clouds persistently. It is incredibly close to Procratus, easily seen by the naked eye and spans across the majority of the sky. There are two craters on the moon, both similar in size and overlapping each other. The rest of the sphere is left untouched, looming over Procratus with its massive, gray pallor.

        The humans who inhabit this world are pale in complexion, their skin white and nearly translucent from the constant darkness that shadows Procratus. Their pupils are large, almost entirely taking over the whites of their eyes. Their bodies are slightly stunted, their height less than mine however levelling equally with Quinn’s.

        Their looks are identical to his – being native to this world, Quinn blends in with these people perfectly. His eyes are the only thing that separates him from the rest – instead of having dilated pupils that overtake the rest of his eyes, there is dark brown that outlines his pupils. Everything else, however, is equivalent to everyone else.

        Unlike Valsea, there is more than one sea; however the waters that exist on this planet are such a dark blue that they appear black. There are no creatures that have inhabited the waters, although I have seen some that bury themselves in the shores nearby. Valsea has no living animals that run plentiful; instead it is a barren land, empty of life.

        Was, I remind myself. Valsea is no more.

        After fleeing Valsea during its destruction, Quinn transported us to this world in a hasty decision. I had expected Quinn to immediately recognize his surroundings upon our arrival. I had hoped for some kind of remembrance of his formal life here, of anything. Instead, his entire expression remained neutral.

        Currently, we have lived in this town – which we now have come to know as Rolaun – for ten monits. Being devoid of daylight, these natives have come to call every passing night, one monit – when the moon returns to its original position in the sky. I have not walked long enough on this world to see the moon moving across the sky – its size is so large, it is impossible for me to notice any shifts in its position.

        Upon our arrival, Quinn and I quickly moved to hide from anyone who may have seen the golden rings that surrounded me. The damage and internal injuries I had sustained from the impact with the Hall’s roof was still prominent, and so I had to wait and rest until the healing had done its job.

        Procratus is a world without supernatural abilities, therefore I must continue to refrain from exposing mine. Gods and goddesses don’t exist to these people as well, neither does rebirth. These natives simply live their lives and then cease living – oblivious to the rebirths that occur countlessly.

        Occurred, I correct myself once more.

        Therefore, due to my inability to hide the golden rings that healed my body, I was confined to the bit of shelter Quinn and I had discovered. Unable to step out into the world, I was forced to wait until the healing process had finished and the golden rings had absorbed back into my body.

        The procratans, as Quinn and I have come to call them, have taken an expected interest in me. Being from another world, these people are not accustomed to my unusual appearance. I normally answer their questions as delicately as possible, making sure to not disturb what they already know and bring in new information.