a dark secret

[Prologue]

Aiden looked at Skye and smiled.

"Just admit it Skye, you feel the same way as I." Aiden said as he grabbed her waist and pulled her towards him making her gasp surprised.

Skye opened her mouth, the scent was overwhelming it would take just one bite and her thirst would be satisfied but of course one bite and Aiden would kill her, snap her neck as if she was nothing, the risk was huge. But then again the space between their bodies was nonexistent, she could feel how Aiden's chest raised as he breathe, her gaze was fixed in his neck were she could see the blood pass by slightly creating a small beating movement, it was as if it was calling her, yelling at her to drink it.

With a sigh Skye closed her eyes, she was so close of losing all the control she had, the aching pain in her mouth grew and she could feel her fangs.

'Just one bite,' Skye thought as her heartbeat started to increase.

Aiden looked at her amused, she seemed troubled as if she was restraining herself, and he hated that. Why couldn't Skye just give in for once?

'Just one kiss,' Aiden thought as he trailed her lower lip with his finger.

Skye closed her eyelids and felt her body being pressed against the wall as Aiden made the nonexistent space no longer imaginary, it was just her and Aiden nothing else.

"Just admit it Skyler." Aiden said as he cupped her face with his hands.

At the mention of her full name Skye opened her eyes to meet his, those deep

With a sigh Skye slightly pushed Aiden off her and took a few steps away from him.

"This can't be." Skye said before she entered to the room locking the door behind her.

"Skye, please open the door." Aiden told her.

Skye gave a small sob as she let herself fall down to the floor and leaned against the door.

She just couldn't, her world and his were not compatible, and she couldn't let him know her dark secret.

The same dark secret shehad been carrying for her whole life.