Chapter 8: Answers

September 9th, 2018 7:45 am

"Mirella! Wake up!" I hear that same British voice say to me.

"What?" I questioned. I rolled over on to my back but there wasn't enough bed and I toppled to the ground. "Whoa!" I say and my leg crashed into a stack of books near my bed. "Ouch." I say and grab my ankle that had pain shooting up.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I stayed laying on the ground as I held my ankle.

"What do you think?" I said angrily. I pulled my tired body off the ground and stood. "Why on earth would you wake me up this early? We had a deal you can only wake me up when it's past twelve. I hate mornings!" I say and slam my body back on my bed.

"Your teacher is coming in an hour, I thought you would like to know." My body shot up quickly and I grabbed my brush as I raced to my mirror.

"Why didn't you say that in the first place?" I hear him sigh and he said something else but I was too busy cleaning up the monster I look like in the morning.

Once I had pulled my hair back into a bun I go to my dresser only to trip on another pile of books. I tried to catch myself by my desk chair but it fell with me and crashed into another stack of books which fell onto my face. I felt pain in my nose and when I pulled the book off my face I saw a red mark on it. I had a bloody nose now.

"Did you fall again?" I heard him suppress a laugh and I mentally glared at him. "You need to clear your room. You should get ride of some of those books." He said amused.

"I'm looking for a closing spell in them!" I said angrily as I stand up."Just peachy." I whisper to myself as I see the blood on my hands.

"I'm sorry for laughing but you are the clumsiest person I have ever met." He snickered. I groan as I looked in the mirror. My bloody nose wasn't that bad but it wasn't good either. I rack my brain to find a spell I had learned along time ago for bloody noses.

"Redige sanguis?" I questioned and almost immediately I felt a pain in my nose. "Ouch!" I say  but when I looked the blood was gone and everything looked normal.

"What did you do this time?" He asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Nothing!" I shout annoyed. I get changed into a purple T-shirt and black jeans. I check myself in the mirror again and I feel my hands shaking. I feel strangely nervous as I look at myself. My eyes were tired and I was extremely pale.

"Are you done getting ready?" He questioned. Once I heard his voice my nerves stopped me from responding and I felt my chest beating more. I found myself wishing I looked better. I quickly pushed the thoughts out of my head and removed the cloaking spell. I looked at Evander and he looked cleaner, even though he always looks clean. Something was just different this time.

"So tell me something I should know about this person." I say and wave my arms nervously at my side.

"She's... strict." He said as if it wasn't the right word to use.

"I can handle strict ." He looked at me with some kind of pity in his eyes and I saw how nervous he is for her to come.

"Evander!" I heard a high pitch voice ring on his side of the window. "What was so important for me to come this early? You know Imerium's don't function well in the mornings." She walked into the room and she looked at me, or the window I couldn't tell. "Oh, the 21th century." She said as she looked in.