Chapter 23: "Evander"

October 4th, 2018 5:36pm

I sat on a couch across from the fake Evander. I was glaring at him as he stared with a smile. I felt a fear in the back of my head as I sat in silence with him. This man has sent attacks and has almost killed me multiple times. He clams to be Evander but he's not! I know my Evander and he would never go to the lengths that he has just to get a girl!

"I know what you're thinking." He said and lend forward in his chair.

"Do you?" I questioned extremely doubtful.

"Yes, your thinking about me, or my pathetic pass self." My eyebrows knit together in confusion. Before I could ask my question 'Evander' talked first. "This isn't the first time I met you my sweet Mirella." He stood up and took a step closer to me. I responded as I quickly stood from my chair and stepped away from him, he instantly stopped moving understanding my message.

"I don't know what your talking about! You are not Evander! I would know! If you were Evander you wouldn't have done any of this to me!" I said with tears threatening to fall but I knew I couldn't, not in front of him.

"I am Evander!" He yelled out making me fearfully move back. "Let me explain." He said softly this time. "I had meet you before, you opened that window to the past. Just like you had done two months ago. But, something on your side of your time had killed you. I had to be with you I knew that technically you were alive in my time. I found a spell that would immortalize me! I lived to see you in your time and not through a stupid time window! As I learned, this isn't the first time this had happened to us. The same events have happened over and over again, always ending with you dying. Your fate, red, it's not just the people around you that are affected, you are as well. I want to keep you safe!" He walks to me and grabs my wrist, which I quickly respond with me pulling my arms away.

"The only reason I'm not safe is because of you!" I say sternly and he takes a small step back.

"I've been protecting you."

"No!" I scream. "I've been protecting myself! Those demon attacks, I fought myself out. No one helped me! The only time I needed help was when I was almost dead! I don't need you to 'protect' me! And for years the words you told me as a young girl have traumatized me! I couldn't leave without feeling like I was going to end up dead!"

"I was protecting you by keeping you in the safest spot." He shouted back and I feel my hand shaking with fear but I stayed focused.

"I don't need your help and I most certainly don't want it!" I feel a tear that I couldn't hold back fall. "If you have been around for so long why didn't you save me from that horrible  coven? You must have known the separation I went threw or the abuse I endured! But instead you sent demons! Demons! You hunted me when I stepped out of line!"

"Those demons were only meant to retrieve you." He said and stood with his arms folded. I huff out as a response and I turned my back to him.

"Retrieve me? Like an object?" I stated as anger grew in my voice.

"They were coming for you because you're mine." He said sweetly but all I could hear was bitterness and stupidity.

"I am no one's!" I yell out as I turn to face home again. "I'm not yours and I don't belong to the Evander waiting for me." His face looked sad but I saw the rage building in his eyes. "But, my heart does belong to one person, and them only. That belongs to my Evander! Not you!" I said. I saw his face snap and he quickly moved to grab my arm. Once he had a grip I felt the strong hold and my arm bruising.

"He won't find you here. Then, you'll be mine." I tried to pull out of his hold or loosen it. My fingers started to get that tingly feeling in my finger tips and I pulled my arm harder away.

"Adolebitque!" I said and his arm went up in flames allowing me to pull my slightly singed arm and ran through the house.

"Demons!" I hear him yell behind me and I knew that those things were coming. Those jumping excited one attacked me as a group of twelve and tackled me to the ground. I was so bombarded and preoccupied that I couldn't think of a spell before 'Evander' stood above me.

"You made the wrong choice." He said and those small demons scattered leaving me with little cuts on the ground.

"I would do anything to get away from you." I saw 'Evander's' eyes grow cold. He was frightening to me, if what he says is true, he's Evander and he's been the one that's hurt me so much.

"I won't hurt you, but I won't tolerate your behavior." I scuffed as he picked me up off the ground and moved swiftly up stairs.

"I don't care what you'll tolerate. I'm getting out of here, and there's nothing you can do to change that." His grip tightened on my arms and I squinted in pain but never cried out.

"Do you honestly think you can out smart me?" He asked as we now stood out side a random door. With confidence I stared him in the eyes as I glared.

"What makes you think you could ever over power an Imerium?" 'Evander's' face twitched as I glared at him. Without saying a word he opened the door and placed me inside. I stared at the door and I fiddled with the ring on my finger that connects with Evander.

Here I was, now locked in a room and all that was outside that door was a man with the face of someone I trust but in no way possible is that man my Evander!

————————————————————
Word Count: 1,050

So here it is! The next chapter! Now I explained my main plot but if you are confused I can explain just let me know you question.

Please keep reading if you like it!

Also don't be afraid to tell me about any spelling or grammar mistakes I will take care of them as soon as I can! I try to catch all my mistakes but no ones perfect.

Please comment and vote!

Go check out my other stories too!

Till next time!

Bye-bye👋🏻