Chapter 10: Evander

September 9th, 1796 5:30pm

"She's gone." I said and I walked around my study feeling angry. "Why did you tell her you could close the window?" I questioned Lila.

"Stop complaining, she'll be back." Lila said to me with a mischievous glint in her eye.

"What did you do?" I asked slightly frightened by what ever schemes she had in her mind.

"Nothing, I only gave her the book she needs to reopen the window." She smirked at me and I felt my anger drop away.

"You..." I found myself at a lost of words. "Lila, why would you give her the book? I thought you, out of anyone, would want to keep the tie between the time closed." I said puzzled.

"Your not wrong." I was confused by her words. "I don't want to have those ties between our times but I don't have a say in this matter." She muttered the last part but I heard it anyways.

"What do you mean?" I asked before she could say anything else. Her eyes widened as she realized what she had said out loud.

"I..." She took in a breath and smiled to me. "I mean exactly what I said. I gave her what she needs for her future." I was even more confused.

"What does she need?" I questioned out loud until I felt a pit in my stomach. "Is she going to be in trouble? Is that demon going after her again?" I walked closer to her listing off questions I had.

"Evander!" She said in a demanding tone and I watched as her eyes violently glowed purple. "Mirella is fine for now but I can't promise she'll be safe for long. Her fate can not be out run. You do know what her color means right?" I felt the pit in my stomach grow deeper. Red, why did it have to be red? I walked away from her and sat down at my desk.

"I know exactly what it means." I said and rubbed my eyes with my hand.

"We've been friends for a long time, so be honest with me." I turn my attention to her. "What about this girl has you so worried?" She asked but I could tell she knew the answer already.

"Don't pretend you don't know." I whispered and focused my eyes on my desk.

"I want to hear you say it." She said with a demanding tone. I take a deep breath and clear my mind.

"When I first touched her... that spark." I say vaguely as I recall the memory.

"I don't know everything, what spark." She said eagerly.

"I casted a spell in my younger years, it was a foolish spell that I thought would never be used. But that changed when I met her."

"What spell?" She said even more impatiently.

"I found a spell that when you found the person you were meant to be with the spell would shock you at the first touch. I never thought it would have to be used and I forget about it. But..." I put both hands on my head angrily. "Ah! Why'd it have to be her? She's from a different time and she'll forever be followed by death!"

"Love works in many different ways." Lila said to calm me. "Beside death isn't the only thing red represents." I look her straight in the eyes.

"You always told me colors only have one meaning." I said and she moved her eyes away from me.

"I only said those things so I wouldn't worry you."

"What's her other meaning? What else will happen to her?" I said as all the worst possible outcomes came to my mind.

"Love." I was shocked to hear her say that. "She's fated to have a love so strong it will last threw time and death." I process everything she had said to me.

"Do you think she'll use the spell again?" She shakes her head.

"She's a smart girl. She'll be tempted to use it but she won't." I lay back in my chair and shake my head. Of course she won't, after all she did want it closed. "Unless," I hear her say and my gaze turns to her. "Unless, She needs you. So if she does it again, be ready for the worst on the other side." I was unsure how to feel. If she casted the spell again I would see her but it also means she's in danger.

"What's going to happen to her?" I asked in a low tone.

"Evander," She said softly. "You know I can't tell yo-"

"The windows closed!" I shout angrily. "Just tell me whats' going on!"

"No!" She said with a range that she often used when annoyed. "It's my job to keep secrets! And weather I like it or not she will open that window again! Do you honestly think she won't? I lied earlier so I won't get your hopes up! Because when she does open it again she'll be..." She stopped talking and the fear inside me spiked.

"She'll be what?" Lila looked away from me. "You have to tell me! I want to keep her safe."

"She'll..." She hesitated. "No!" Lila said and began to walk away. "Her future will be a mystery to you. Knowing what's to come next might upset the small amount of balance we have. She will open it again but when she does have your guard up." And just like that she left.

Something's coming for her, I can feel it. She told me she could handle it now but control won't come in one day. I'm terrified for when she uses the spell again. What could happen to her? How much will she go threw before she opens the window again?

She controls every part of my mind now. I can't focus on anything but Mirella. Her hair, her eyes, and her confidence. Women in my time would never do the things she does but I guess that's just the difference in time. But what I love most is her clumsiness. It makes me laugh when I could tell how frustrated she was with herself, and me for laughing. She's truly has bewitched me.

————————————————————
Word Count: 1,042

So this chapter was in Evander's point of view. I'm not going to do this often but I did want change it just this once.

The window is closed and Evander is terrified because he knows if he sees her again something will be wrong. He's kind of a love sick puppy dog right now and I know that's how I portrayed him as but I would like to ask you to kindly look over that ( I suck at writing in a males perspective)

Also don't be afraid to tell me about any spelling or grammar mistakes I will take care of them as soon as I can! I try to catch all my mistakes but no ones perfect

Please comment and vote!

Go check out my other stories too!

Till next time!

Bye-bye👋🏻