Chapter 16: Falling

September 29th, 2018

I sat silently in the shed waiting for Vivian to get back. We've gotten close in the short time we've had. We trust each other and we have each other's back. It's strange that the demons haven't came yet. I'm jumpy about everything and I constantly keep my enhanced hearing on when I'm alone. Vivian says she feels like she's being watched and I asunder her it's probably just the people of the town. But I know we're being watched.

It was wrong of me to hide Evander's Manor from her and I plan on going there with her when she get's back. It's probably our safest choice right now. It's hidden from the outside world and it magically provides supplies, it's actually perfect for us. But every time I think about that place it think about Evander. I know he's technically lived 200 years ago but I guess I was hoping for something that was never going to be there.

"Mirella!" Vivian said in a panic and I looked at her flustered and tired face.

"Wha-"

"I saw demons, or felt them. There was a magical pull the resembles the same pull from the day we were attacked! They're here, and ready to attack!" She huffed out. I stand and grab my bag.

"I found a place to go to if we hurry we'll be a lot safer then being here." She agreed taking in a small breath. I look out the door and I see nothing but an eerie fog growing thick.

"Okay, let's go." I whisper scared that the demons would hear me. I race away and Vivian moved with me. I ran strait for the woods and clouds covered the small amount of day light we had left. I jump over the over grown land and I stop for a moment when I noticed Vivian was behind. The fog grew in thick and I felt a chill run up my spine.

"I told you to never leave your coven." I hear that same voice from so many years ago say but the voice was familiar in a way but I couldn't place a face with it.

"I didn't have a choice!" I whispered and I watched as Vivian slowly caught up I was hoping for her to hurry so we could move farther.

"My demons were never going to hurt you. I told them not to." He said but his voice sounded like it was was right behind me. I turn quickly and saw nothing. To avoid panicking I continue the conversation with a nervous scuff.

"I don't believe that for one moment." I look at Vivian again but it was like she was frozen in her spot.

"I sent them after you to protect you and to bring you where you belong." I searched around the area curiously looking for him.

"Protect me? They have literally torn me open!" I said with an obviously terrified voice. I felt my hand begin to shake so I held it with my other hand to stop the movement. "They also destroyed my coven!"

"I told them to." He said with some kind of pride in his voice.

"What do you want from me anyways?" I screamed out. And I whipped my head around when I heard him chuckle.

"Don't worry my dear, you'll be with me soon." I heard the voice fade out and I turned my head around quickly looking for him.

"Mirella?" I jump around and see that Vivian had finally caught up and I gave both of us a moment to breath. What is any of this supposed to mean?

"We need to hurry." She nodded and gave me a thumbs up to keep going. I looked at our surroundings and I lead us in the direction that I believed to be the way to the Manor. I was cautious with every sound I heard while we walked the rest of the way. If his voice showed up that must mean the demons would be close by. Why on earth would he want me? Does he know I'm the last of my kind? Does that make me rare to him?

RRROOOAAARRR!

My eyes widened as I heard that same sound.

"Run!" I said and I pushed Vivian in front of me and she ran as quick as she could. "Keep going strait! There's a wooden wheel I had lend on a tree when you approach it turn right!" She nodded. We ran fast but we were both already tired and we weren't both going to make it. But if it's that last thing I do, Vivian will stay alive! I turn my head and I see right behind us the same winged demons from four days ago was chasing us. I turn my head back forward and See the wooden wheel up ahead. I turn around and see the demons much closer then before. I search my hard head for a spell to use in this situation.

"Cereitas!" I say and direct my spell at Vivian. She moved lightning fast and before I knew it she was out of sight.  I heard the screeching of those monsters behind me and I felt hot breaths on the back of my neck. They were close, too close! I wanted to cast a spell but my mind was too over run with fear. I had nothing in my head but fear! I had just made it to the wooden wheel and I felt one of the demon's claws lift my into the air by the waist.

I saw myself get lifted over trees and I saw Evander's Manor up ahead. I struggled to be dropped but I only pushed myself into the claws opening up four claw marks all along my stomach. I felt the blood drip out of me and soak into my shirt. I was going to lose a lot of blood if I didn't do something soon! I tried to use my arms to pull the massive fingers off me but with one movement of this things finger it wrapped it's index finger around my wrist and I hear the snap of my bones.

"Ah!" I yell out as I feel the pain and the rest of the pain settled in at the exact same moment.

"Stop!" I hear that same strange voice say out loud and for a moment I thought I knew who the voice belonged to but it was all forgotten when the demon let go of me. I began to fall to the earth's surface. I reached for something as I fell but all that was there was the air, the murky fog, and the demon flying away from me. I refused to look at the ground knowing I would only freak out more.

Come on! Think of a damn spe-

————————————————————
Word Count: 1,142

Mirella is falling to her death! And she knows the voice talking to her in the woods. You got any guesses on who it is? 🤔 please keep reading for the rest of the story!

Also don't be afraid to tell me about any spelling or grammar mistakes I will take care of them as soon as I can! I try to catch all my mistakes but no ones perfect.

Please comment and vote!

Go check out my other stories too!

Till next time!

Bye-bye👋🏻