Chapter 1: Investigation

A/N: First story EVER, so please forgive any plot holes or spelling errors. All characters and operators besides my OCs belong to Ubisoft. Please enjoy my debut story! And also, constructive criticism is encouraged and appreciated as it will help me improve! Cheers! :P

—————

Hereford Base, Herefordshire England

2233 HRS

"Attention all operators, please make your way to the meeting room for a mission briefing." announced the PA system.

As soon as the announcement finished, several persons started making their way to the said room, some getting up from unfinished meals, others coming from their respective dormitories. All soon gathered within the room and chose their seats, but some chose to simply stand whilst listening to the briefing.

"Why are we called at this late into the night?" Asked a woman with a polish accent and distinctive green hair.

"Because, Ms. Bosak, we've received some intel regarding a certain person and his recent activities." Replied a woman with firm tone.

She appeared to be African-American, and was wearing a suit and tie. This was Six, Director of Operations for the elite counter-terrorist organisation known as "Team Rainbow".

"You have all been called at this hour regarding the person known on the field as "Talion". You and I know that he—"

"He has 107 confirmed kills and around 504 unconfirmed within the span of his career! The bastard almost always hits his targets in the head, never missing his mark unless he intended on doing so." Interrupted the voice of a man.

"Yes Jordan, I was getting to that before you blatantly interrupted me. Anyways, intel gathered says that he's been visiting points of interests; and persons of interests, all he encounters do not survive. These persons and places contain pretty valuable items, whether it be weapons, money, information or other things. His motives are unknown, his identity besides his codename, are unknown. What we do know is that 10 minutes ago, he raided a site in Credenhill, and we are tasking a fireteam composing of 5 of you to investigate, or even encounter said person. Any volunteers?"

And with that, none dared raise their hand, ultimately forcing six to choose the operators herself. Thus, operators Ash, Jackal, Tachanka, Valkyrie and Lion were chosen.

"You will be airlifted to the location. Wheels up in 5 minutes. Dismissed." With that, the operators, besides those chosen, scattered, moving to their previous activities.

"Talion, ma'am? What peeks your interest in some common mercenary?" Asked A red-headed woman. It was Eliza (Ash).

"Because this "common mercenary's" targets are all wannabe terrorist organisations, drug rings, gangs, and others of the like." Replied Six.

"Wannabe terrorists ma'am?" Asked a man with a strong Russian accent. T'was Lord Chanka himself.

"Yes, wannabe, since he either foils their plans via sabotage or simply shuts down the operation as a whole, by, of course, killing every. Single. One. Now move it, you have 3 minutes left before the chopper lifts off."

Ash and Tachanka left the room and geared up, and were before you know it already halfway through the journey on board their helicopter. All was silent, all were worried, yet curious. Why this man? Why is he doing this? And most of all, who was he?

Soon enough, the action starts. Chopper lands, the team drops in, and proceeds to check the area. Once they enter the compound through the parking lot, all the team sees are tables and storage areas hurriedly scavenged. Dead bodies all over the place, walls and furniture riddled with bullet holes. And as expected, all the bodies were terrorists, each with a bullet hole or two through the head. Some even had wounds to their chests or had the head completely blown off all together. 

"White Masks.." Said Valkyrie

"Yup. But why? Is the real question." Replied Ash ash she continued to scan the scene in disgust and astonishment.

After checking the gruesome scene, Jackal got to work tracking the footsteps of their target. And he did, he traced the footsteps all over the compound with the company clearing as they went. Valkyrie would occasionally check anything that had relevant or important information. That was, until the footsteps lead straight outside into the parking lot from when they entered. Then, the team noticed Jackal go from dashing to full halt.

"Whats wrong brother?" Asked the Operator "Lion"

"His footsteps, they just... Vanished out of thin air. Its a dead end." Replied the latter.

"Great, now we got no leads. And wasted our time scavenging this site." Said Ash

"No comrade, this is not site. This, this is murder hole." Replied Tachanka in his strong Russian accent.

Suddenly, a shadow creeps from the roof of the compound, clearly stalking the group. The figure moves closer to the group, until he is close enough to literally jump on their heads.

As Ash called in for extraction, Jackal did one last check. Something caught his eye, highlighted footprints, ones matching his target. However, something was off, these footprints went straight up the wall and to the roof above.

"Um, mis amigos? Our guy... Might still be here—"

Before jackal could announce his discovery, Valkyrie was moving to take one last look into the building in hopes of scavenging even the tiniest amount of "useful information", yet as she turned to enter, she was only met by the terrifying gaze of a masked figure in full black.

Valkyrie could only think one thing "Well. Shit. We're so fucked".

A/N: Long 1st Chapter. Will be posting a second one by tomorrow since this would've been too long :v. Hope ya'll enjoyed!