Chapter 12: Rest and Relaxation..? [Part 1]

Guess who's back? TADA! After such a long time, I have arisen from the depths of laziness (and no time to work and shizz) for summer has arrived! I am sorry for taking such a long time to make a new chapter, but after reading all the funny and positive comments I have once again pushed myself to keep on working on what I have started. Anyways, go on! Get readin'!

The Following Day...

800HRS

OLVG General Hospital, Amsterdam, Netherlands

A room houses a person in critical condition. He's very young by the looks of it. He lies in bed in a comatose state, with medical equipment surrounding it. In the corner of that room sat a man in full black, who was just staring at the patient. Then, another man enters the room and leans against the wall with his arms crossed.

Thatcher: "How's the boy..?"

Y/N: "He's stable, somehow."

Thatcher: "Heard you saved em, despite him himself being one of them masks."

Y/N nods at his statement.

Thatcher: "Why?"

Y/N takes an odd pause before responding.

Y/N: "Because we could ask him questions. Who knows what information he knows."

Thatcher looks at the man with a raised brow and crossed arms.

Thatcher: "The truth."

Y/N takes a few seconds, before responding.

Y/N: *sigh* "It's not worth it."

Thatcher: "What?"

Y/N: "He's so young. Too young even. It's such a waste of life, such a waste of potential. I've seen too many people like him waste theirs lives on a life of extremism and the promise of some sort of utopian future and afterlife that will never exist."

Y/N looks up to Thatcher, who looks at him with a surprised and solemn expression.

Thatcher: "Huh. Never expected that type of reason, no offense lad."

Thatcher stops leaning on the wall and takes a few paces towards the patients bed.

Thatcher: "Six wants you to look after em. To ask him things, once he wakes up."

Y/N: "That's if he even wakes up."

Thatcher: "He will lad. He will."

Y/N: "So you came here to tell me that I'm now the babysitter of someone I don't even know, and am also tasked with interrogating the kid?"

Thatcher: "Not necessarily 'interrogate' but if that's how you wish to do it... Six has permitted you to do so."

Y/N: "Tsk. I may be a merc. But that's just cold."

Thatcher: "Kinda hypocritical, don't ya think?"

Y/N: "Touche."

Thatcher: "Well, I'm off. Six wants you back in base in an hour."

Y/N: "10-4." He says while giving a thumbs up, still looking at the unconscious boy on the hospital bed.

Thatcher: "Take care." He says he opens the door, and exits.

Y/N lowers his hand, and continues to stare.

Y/N: "What the hell pushed you to join, kid? I wonder what.."

—TIMESKIP—

Y/N is making his way towards the canteen, still in casual clothing. He passes by his armory space (refer to R6's CGI Short Film: "The Hammer and the Scalpel") in order to unload and store his concealed carry weapon. As he moves in the direction to the canteen, he meets Ela and a couple other operators, all fresh from a training mission. The two make eye contact, and pause as they look into each others eyes.

IQ: "Earth to Ela..? Hello?" Monika waves her hand in front of Ela's face and pokes her shoulder, allowing her to be freed from her little trance.

Ela: "What?" She looks at IQ with an annoyed expression on her face.

Valkyrie: "You were staring."

Alibi: "At..." She simultaneously points at Y/N.

Y/N: "Hi..?"

Ela: "Hi. Where were you?"

Y/N: "Doing stuff."

Valkyrie: "I wonder what.."

Y/N: "Relax, it's mission related."

IQ: "Sure..~" She boops Y/N's nose, to which he responds by raising his brow.

Ela looks at IQ with a bit of a glare, then back at Y/N.

Ela: "What'cha doin' later?"

Y/N: "Nothing much really, I'm not scheduled for any training simulations today. So it's either paperwork, shooting, or nothing. And I definitely don't plan on doing paperwork."

Ela: "Do you wanna come to my dorm later?"

Y/N: "I don't see why not."

The girls giggle in the background, as the pair looked at them, curious as to why they were laughing.

Y/N: "What do you plan on doing though?"

Ela: "I dunno, just talk...? Have fun..?"

Y/N: "What do you mean by 'have fun'?" He tilts his head.

Alibi: "I think she wants you to kiss her again.~"

Ela: "Shut up, cunt." She growls at IQ.

Y/N steps closer towards Ela, much to her surprise. He bends down abit and whispers into her ear.

Y/N: "I'd be happy to do it again, if you wish for me to..." He says with a small smirk on his face, as Ela's cheeks turn pink.

Ela: "Nnf...~"

Y/N gives a small giggle, before waving off the group as he continues walking. Ela turns to her team, who are now looking at her with varying sizes of smiles on their faces.

Ela: "What?"

Monika (IQ) proceeds to tap on her own cheeks before giggling in unison with her companions, causing Ela to playfully punch her in the upper arm. After doing so, the group makes their way to their respective armory lockers.

—TIMESKIP—

Y/N POV

After a pretty uneventful day of lounging around and a bit of practicing in the shooting range, I finally made my way to Ela's room as per her request and knock on her door. Still, I wondered why she wanted me to come over. It could've been in the canteen, or in the cafe, but the fact that she mentioned her own dorm specifically makes mponder as to why. But before I could think of reasons, the door opens.

Y/N: "Hello...? Hello? Ela..?" I say as I peer slightly into the darkness of her dorm.

I wait a few seconds for a response, to no avail. But, I do see a small shift of shapes in the darkness.

Y/N: "Ela? You asked if I could come over, so I did. Where even are you? And why do you have your lights of—" Before I could finish my statement, I am pulled inside when a hand tugs on my shirt as the darkness of the room engulfs me and the door closes behind me. A few seconds after, I hear two words.

???: "Hello Y/N~"

HUZZAH! Another chapter done! Yet again, I apologise greatly for such a large delay on the chapter (and for the short chapter lol), but I will try to get my lazy ass back to work, ja? And as you can see by that cliffhanger up there, I don't intend on hinting my progress now. Anyways, hope yall enjoyed! :DD-Max