Chapter 2: The Call

A/N: Sorry for not updating, laziness took over my body and mind. Im trying to find time and motivation to keep doing this (yet its only Chapter 2). Anyways, if its italic its a thought (no not a thot), the rest will be obvious. Enjoy as always.

Valkyrie POV

Valkyrie: "HOW THE FUCK DID HE GET THERE WITHOUT A NOISE, AND WITHOUT US NOTICING?!"

I was absolutely mortified, This man, no... This thing... was an absolute terror of a figure. What does one do when a 6ft-ish assassin is standing right in front of you? Oh I know, FREEZE UP. Suddenly, I see him walking towards me. Behind me, I can hear my teammates slowly surrounding the two of us, each one slowly raising their guns and training their sites on the chest and head of the approaching figure.

Valkyrie: "A-Are you the mercenary codenamed: "Talion"?"

Jackal: "Answer the question!"

He didnt answer, in fact, he kept moving forward, unmoved by the guns trained on him. He stopped, probably a couple inches away from me, as I just... Starred. He got something out of his pocket, which alerted my fellow operators.

Lion: "GRENADE! WATCH OUT!"

Thus, the team tensed up and aimed at the hand of the man. But it wasn't a grenade, or any type of explosive. In fact, it was a sort of device, with a black panel on the top and a button on the side.

Valkyrie: "He just, put it in my vest. One of the most dangerous persons in the world, just casually put an item in my vest whilst 4 other heavily armed operators have their sights trained on him. K then."

Then something caught my eye, he started getting something from his utility belt. A smoke grenade. I could only widen my eyes and cover my mouth and nose as he pulled the pin, and it just showered the area in a sudden blanket of smoke. When the smoke clears, he's gone again. Just like that. No sound. No fight. No struggle.

Ash: "Scuse me, but what the hell did we just witness?"

Lion: "Someone, who is clearly very, very good at what he does."

Tachanka: "You dont say."

A few minutes pass and the team finally returns to base, following an uneventful ride home. With some information found, they zoom straight to Six's office, hoping that she has answers to their questions. The team goes through routine security checks before entering her office. Six's office was pretty nice, marble floors, white cement walls with shelves and other furniture, a polished wooden desk with several drawers, and a seemingly comfortable office chair.

Six: "I assume the mission went well? Seeing none of you are injured or dead."

Ash: "Well... Sort of... We were able to encounter the target as we finished up clearing the site."

Six: "And...? What happened?"

Tachanka: "Target got away ma'am. But before he did, he put w device in Valkyrie's vest, before disappearing."

Six: "So he just vanished out of thin air?" Six said with a clear amount of sarcasm.

Jackal: "No ma'am, smoke grenade."

Six: *sigh* "Just hand me the device."

Valkyrie presents the device on the table. And as soon as six touches it, it activates. The black panel starts typing out a message:

"I know that you've been investigating me for quite some time now. Question is, why? Do you want to know me or something? One thing's for sure, I would like to know you all, even if I already do. ;)"