Chapter 5: First Time for Everything

A/N: Tada.. New chapter! Please forgive any lapses or major timeskips in the plot, I might've rushed it a bit. If it's in italic it's a thought. Etc. Etc. ENJOY!

—3rd Person POV—

A week has passed since Talion's first time on Hereford Base's shooting range, but the hype train about Talion's unmatched accuracy never died down. Each day he would visit the range, pick up a gun, and hit his targets dead center, with groupings lightyears ahead of anyone in Team Rainbow. Whether it be an M24, M82, AK, M4, Mossberg 900, you name it. He can shoot it. He's also spent quite some time alone in the R&D department, and quite some time with Ela and Doc. But today was different, because today was Talion's first training exercise with the team.

PA Announcer: "Operators Thermite, Twitch, Zofia, Ying and Talion, report to Debriefing Room #3."

Soon, all 5 operators made their way to the room, where Six and Thatcher were waiting for them.

Six: "Find your seats. Today's training exercise will be in the training building upstairs. You 5 will be the attacking team while the defending team... Well, you'll have to find out. Bomb simulation with 3 minutes on the clock and 30 second prep time. Mike (Thatcher) and I will be watching the whole exercise. You have 5 minutes to prep your gear and head up. Dismissed."

—TIMESKIP—

Hereford Base Training Bldg, Herefordshire, New England

0900 HRS

Y/N POV

So, first training exercise eh? Not to worry, we had a plan already. During the prep phase, we know bomb is on the 3rd floor after droning the place out, rushing in would be pretty easy. Each operator would stack up by a window, and at the same time Ying would deploy her Candelas as we breach. Bada-bing bada-boom. However, there were some problems. The enemy consisted of Bandit, Doc, Caveira, Frost, and Ela. Bandit made hardbreaching slightly more challenging (not that we needed it anyway), Doc could spawnpeak and heal, Frost and Ela have gadgets for anti-rush, and Caveira... Is Caveira. Pretty self explanatory. But, we proceeded as planned.

Thermite: "Twitch, zap any Ela mines and Bandit's electrical devices before we breach."

Twitch: "Already did that during prep phase, but there are still Frost traps by the windows. Oh, and cameras too."

Talion: "Why not just shoot em while you enter the window?"

The whole team was dumbfounded by such a simple answer. Everyone nodded in agreement. And soon enough we executed. The team rappelled by a window of their choice, and placed breaching charges on them. Ying deployed here Candelas, effectively blinding anyone inside the 2 bomb sites while we breached the windows. As they entered, they prefired at the bottom of the window to take out any Frost traps, which worked. And if anyone was flashed, they wouldn't have seen any of us enter. I kicked Doc when I entered through the window and downed him. I of course, finished him off while tossing a smoke by stairs.

PA Announcer: "5 v 4. Doc was killed by Talion."

PA Announcer: "5 v 3. Frost was killed by Ying."

After we successfully entered, I turned on my thermals and looked into the direction of the smoke. There I saw what seemed to be a head just barely peeking into the smoke, but an opportunity is an opportunity. So I took the shot.. Or should I say shots.

PA Announcer: "5 v 2. Bandit was killed by Talion."

Just like that, we had control of both bomb sites before the clock hit 1 minute. Caveira was probably deep roaming in the 1st floor and Ela was nowhere to be found yet. Thermite proceeded to the bomb site and planted the diffuser whilst we covered him.