Chapter 14: A Memory and a Bullet

Boom, another chapter! Sorry if some parts sound hasty, I had to rush some parts. I'm also doing a Q&A next chapter, as well as plan on naming my character - instead of Talion just being 'Y/N' so gimme sum suggestions ja? Anyways, get frickin readin'!

Ela: "So you're leaving? When?"

Y/N: "Tomorrow morning."

Ela: "What..?! For how long?"

Y/N: "2-3 months at most."

Ela: "WHAT?!"

A bit of anger seemed to fill the face of the polish woman, with a little shock added into the mix. Although I wouldn't blame her, we seemed to have found a lot of bonding time together - which was now about to be interrupted by this long deployment assignment.

Ela: "Drogi Boże... [Dear God]" Ela proceeded to put her palm on her face as a frown formed on her face. I only looked on, awaiting her response.

Ela: "It's gonna be awhile before we see each other again huh."

Y/N: "Indeed ma'am." My arms were resting on the table we had chosen to stay in inside one of the base's officer lounges. It was quiet, and had some admittedly tasty snacks, yet the discussion of my next mission would somewhat dampen the mood of the room. I look at the woman sitting across from me, her pale skin shimmered beautifully under the white fluorescent light. Her head was now looking down as she fiddled with her own fingers and hands.

In response, I stand up and sit beside her, and pat her on the back gently in a comforting manner.

Y/N: "Hey c'mon. You're used to this type of thing aren't you?"

Ela: "Yeah but.. Er.. I'll be honest with you, you're the only person that's gotten this close to me— so it kind of sucks to be seeing you go off to wherever."

Y/N: "Aww, thanks ma'am. I'll take that as a compliment." A light smile inhabits my face for a moment, before it returns to my normal expression.

Ela: "Which reminds me, where are you even going?"

Y/N: "Mexico, Serbia, Bolivia. Got some illegal activity Six wants taken care off. Which reminds me, I need to head out for training. I'm scheduled for a training match today, which starts in... 20 minutes." I say as I stand, and make my way to the door.

Ela: "Wait, Y/N."

I pause a few inches before the door, and slowly turned to look behind me— seeing the familiar short green hair of my friend, her eyes now staring back at mine.

Y/N: "Hm?"

Ela: "You got any plans tonight?"

Y/N: "No, why?"

Ela: "Care to come pass by one last time before leaving?"

I only chuckled at her question, before smiling as I responded.

Y/N: "Sure thing, ma'am." I proceed to turn the door knob and open the door halfway, before Ela speaks once more.

Ela: "Please, no need to call me ma'am."

Y/N: "Heh, alright. Sure thing, Ela. Take care now, las." With that statement, I exit the lounge, heading for the meeting room.

...

...

...

That, was 2 months ago. Date? Classified. Location? Serbia. Mission? Official one is the dismantlement of a wannabe drug operation. Unofficial one, is to investigate the connection of said drug operation to the infamous White Masks terrorist group. This mission was tough work, but I was able to pull some leads in Mexico. This drug ring was somewhat larger than expected, they have a surprisingly organised operation going on. But I took down a key part in this ring, the smuggling operation, while in Mexico. Back to said leads, information suggests that some production of drugs takes place here, in Serbia. Thing is, the data also suggests another- much larger production place, supposedly located in Bolivia. But before I could cut off the head of the snake, I needed to take this step by step. Lucky for me, I wasn't alone. I just had the world's best special reconnaissance and infiltration operators with me. They call em 'Ghosts'.