Chapter 13: Rest and Relaxation..? [Part 2]

Darkness. All I could see was the darkness that inhabited the room and it's cold touch on my skin. Yet, I feel a sudden surge of warmth as a figure hugs my body. My hands explore, wondering what it is - and 'it' has many wonderous curves. One name popped into my thoughts: "Ela". Yet, before I could speak, I am pulled then pushed onto a bouncy and soft surface; a bed.

Ela: "Now here's a treat." A familiar voice softly announces.

Y/N: "Ela? What are you doing?"

Ela: "Peek-a-boo." She says as she boops me on the nose.

Y/N: "Er.. Care to explain why you need me here?" I ask, tilting my head and lifting a brow.

Ela: "Relax Mr. McGrumpy! I just wanted to y'know... Relax! Bond! Stuff.."

She extends her hand in a certain direction, I could see the silhouette. A click is heard, and light inhabits the room once more. I wince at first as my eyes adjusted to the sudden burst of light, then looked at Ela and secretly admired the tiny small she had as she looked at me.

Y/N: "Alright alright.. What is it that you wish to talk about then?"

I am met with silence, as Ela taps on her lips at a slow pace and looks at the ceiling, thinking about what to do.

Y/N: "Didn't think of that one did ya?"

Ela: "Hush child, what do you think Im thinking about right now?"

Y/N: "I dunno, guns, your CTU..." I take a short pause as hop closer to her, seeing as we were both seated on the bed next to each other.

Y/N: "Your sister perhaps..?"

Ela then turns rather quickly at my question, her face didn't seem so pleased. She then crossed her arms and faced forward as her body posture stiffened.

Ela: "Why would I be doing that?" A somewhat disgruntled ela asks.

Y/N: "Because she is your sister is she not? Besides, what caused such a rift between you two? Do you not value your family?"

Ela: "Jeez, so many questions! Why is this about me now?!" Ela's mood quickly turned sour, as evident by the way she sounded and how she sat. She turned her entire body away from Y/N as a form of saying 'Im angry with ya'.

Y/N: "Alright, sorry for touching such a sensitive topic. Didn't know it er... I'll stop now." Y/N leaned back and rested his head onto a conveniently positioned pillow, then put both his hands behind his head as he stared at the ceiling of the room.

An awkward silence filled the room, but it did not last as Ela spoke.

Ela: "Things... Happened. It was not always like this you know.. Me and my green hair, me and my sister.. But everything always felt like competition. My father would 'care' for my sister more than I did... And I was always bullied in the academy I attended because of what I am.." She let's our a sigh of defeat.

Ela: "A shadow of my family's success in the military, and nothing but an attention-seeking girl 'blessed' with special attention."

I turn to look at the person beside me, who was now looking down at the floor. To which, I respond by sitting up, inching closer to her, and putting my hand on her shoulder.

Y/N: "I cannot say I know how you feel but, let me ask you this: Is Elzbieta Bosak going to be defeated by some stupid insults and simple gossip? Is Elzbieta Bosak, a renowned PMC known for her formidable skills, going to be brought down because of her identity?"

She looks at me, and for a moment, gives me a small closed-lip smile, before responding.

Ela: "No. She will not be defeated by these insults. They are but words! Like firing pistol-caliber bullets at a modern tank!" Ela sat up straight now, her hands were placed on hips and her chest was out. She said her words with conviction, oh how strong she could be - she just needs the right guidance.