• Deal or No Deal •

Hermione

"I know I'm irresistible Granger but that really isn't an excuse to stare," Malfoy smirked, walking a step closer.

I took a step back, pointing at him, "Are you mentally okay Malfoy?"

He put his hand over his heart and sighed, "Granger, you're worried about me?"

"Yes, because not even you would be willing to date a mudblood, especially me. No matter what," I exclaimed, it just didn't make any sense.

He took another step closer, "I'll admit, It wasn't my first option. In fact, it seems to be my last."

I took a step back in turn, "Do you know what my friends will think, what they'll do?"

He shrugged, continuing forward, "They all seem to hate Brown. They'll probably be alright with the idea if you told them it was to get Weasel back, which you won't do."

I stumbled over a lollipop some kid dropped in the middle of the corridor as I tried to lengthen the gap between Malfoy and I, "What!? You mean I have to let my friends believe that I'm dating you simply because I like you?"

"Not only your friends, Granger, everyone," He nodded.

I laughed, "Malfoy, I hate to break it to you, but nobody is as stupid as you. There is no way people will believe it."

"Well you'd better make them believe it if you want it to work," he seethed.

I gasped as I ran into the wall of the corridor, closing myself into the corner of the train car.

Damn it Hermione, I mentally slapped myself.

Malfoy didn't miss a beat. He crossed the space in two steps and caged me in, his arms pressed up against the wall and his legs spread slightly.

He leaned in and I naturally slammed my hand to his chest to keep him as far away as possible.

He grinned.

I glared daggers at him.

"So, what do you say, Granger?" he whispered, purposely tilting his head so that his breath hit my ear.

I couldn't focus. All I could think about was his body so very close to mine, "I don't know, Malfoy-"

Malfoy turned suddenly, "Someone's coming. Decide right now."

He turned back around and narrowed his eyes down towards me expectantly.

I panicked, If I say yes, he'll get off me.

"Yes. Fine, okay. Yes," I sighed, waiting for him to move.

Instead, he got closer and his lips were on mine.

My eyes widened but I didn't pull away, I couldn't. I was stuck in the corner.

"Draco, mate, really? We're not even at Hogwarts yet, can't you wait-"

Draco finally pulled away from me, stepping to the side, casually slipping his hand into mine. I tried to pull away but he squeezed my hand, hard, reminding me that I'd already decided.

"Oh shit Draco, what did you do?" Blaise groaned, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Nice to see you too, Zabini," I glared at him.

Draco smirked at me and nodded at Zabini, "What's it look like, Zabini? I told you I was dating Granger this summer, right?"

Blaise stared at our hands clasped together, which made me want to drop his even more than before, "Uh, no. You seemed to have forgotten to mention that."

Blaise glanced at my face and he immediately sighed, giving Malfoy a look, "This is because of Astoria, isn't it?"

I finally wiggled my hand out of his grip and folded my arms over my chest, "Yes, it is."

Draco glared at me, "You're fantastic at this."

I returned the glare, "Zabini saw through it within the first five minutes Malfoy."

Blaise sighed, "We should get a compartment, then shouldn't we?"

Blaise knocked on the compartment he was leaning against and grinned at four third year girls, "Pardon me, girls, but we can't find an empty compartment, would you do us the honor of loaning us your compartment?"

I rolled my eyes, "Pathetic."

Malfoy grinned, "Just give it a second."

That's when the screaming and squealing started. They all hurriedly nodded, running out of the room, giggling as they looked back at Malfoy and Blaise.

"No, you're right. That was pathetic," I pointed out.

Blaise waved us over, "Come on, lovebirds."

I reluctantly made my way into the compartment, glaring at Blaise, "Bugger off. I'd rather not have to hex you the first day back."

Malfoy and Blaise sat across from me.

"What the hell are you two doing?" Blaise asked, incredulous.

"Fake dating to get Astoria and Weasel back," Malfoy said, plainly.

Blaise looked over at me almost sympathetically, "That desperate, huh?"

I stood, holding my wand against his throat, "I warned you, Zabini-"

Malfoy sighed, "Alright, Granger. He gets it."

I huffed, satisfied with the terrified look that covered Blaise's face.

Malfoy explained the plan to Blaise, who sat there with a calculating look on his face.

"So you want to make your exes jealous using each other, spontaneously break apart when they beg for you back. And the entire time you're not going to be even slightly attracted to each other?" Blaise raised an eyebrow at the two of us.

We both nodded.

"Okay, have either of you ever watched a movie?" Blaise asked, incredulously before bursting into laughter

"That's a good one you guys..." he gasped, clutching his chest, "You two.... In love!" his face fell back to normal and he shook his head, "Yeah, no one is going to believe it."

"We're working on it, Zabini,"Malfoy gritted his teeth.

Blaise nodded, "Then why not parade her through the Slytherin compartments? That's what you've done with every other girl."

Malfoy froze, "But this one is different."

"Because it's fake. You're going to have to talk to people eventually. Might as well have it circling the great hall tonight at the feast. That'll really piss off Astoria, she always wants attention," Blaise rolled his eyes.

Malfoy pointed his finger at him, "Watch yourself, Blaise. No badmouthing Astoria."

Blaise sighed but nodded eventually.

I had discovered a knut in the cushion when I noticed the two of them staring at me, waiting at the door, "Sorry, what?"

Malfoy rolled his eyes, holding out his hand to me, "We're going to the Slytherin compartments."

My eyes widened, "You were serious about that!?"

Blaise waved me off, "Relax, you'll have to stay maybe ten minutes and then you can whisper to Draco you want some privacy for obvious reasons and bada bing bada boom, gossip spreads through the train while you're back in this compartment with the shades down and the door locked."

I raised an eyebrow at Blaise, impressed, "You're not a complete idiot, Zabini."

He shot me a look, "I do try."

I groaned, grabbing Malfoy's outstretched hand and pulling myself to my feet, "Let's get this over with."

Malfoy grinned, "That's the spirit, love."

"Don't test me."