• What Happened Last Night? •

Hermione

"Would you bloody cut that out?" I threw Ginny a look as I packed my trunk.

She'd been grinning at me for the past ten minutes and I was so close to throwing my textbooks at her.

"So, are you gonna tell me what happened last night?" She slipped off her bed and threw herself onto mine.

My cheeks reddened and I turned away, "What makes you think something happened?"

I turned back to her at her silence, clutching Draco's scarf close to my chest.

She gave me a look, really?

I glared at her and threw the scarf into my trunk, slamming it shut, "I plan on returning it to him."

She nodded, "Uh huh, and what about his blanket that you threw in there as well?"

I continued to glare at her, "Don't you have a snogging session with Harry to get to?"

She waved me off, "Nah, that's tonight."

I wrinkled my nose at her as she grinned mischievously at me.

"Fine," I surrendered, "We're dating. For real now."

Ginny jumped up, squealing, "THANK YOU MERLIN! PEOPLE DOUBTED ME, BUT HERE WE ARE! THE GRYFFINDOR PRINCESS AND THE SLYTHERIN SEX GOD TOGETHER AT LAST!" she had a crazy look in her eyes as she jumped over to me, "Are you going to the manor for break?"

She raised her eyebrows at me suggestively.

I threw my pillow at her, "Knock it off! No, I need to be with my parents right now. Besides..." my face turned grim, "I'm not exactly eager to see Lucius anytime soon."

Ginny immediately sobered up from her giddy attitude and she placed a hand on my shoulder, "He got released?"

I sighed, "He's under house arrest."

"Merlin," Ginny huffed, "The ministry's gone soft. The day that bastard deserves to get out of Azkaban is the day Dumbledore lets Slytherin win the house cup."

I met her eyes and couldn't help the burst of laughter to erupt from my mouth, "You truly are something else, Gin."

She shrugged, "I try."

It became silent for a while, both of us thinking of the same thing.

Ginny sighed, propping herself against my nightstand, "Are you sure Malfoy's going to be alright?"

I shook my head, "No," I put my hand in my hands and murmured, "Which is what keeps causing me to stop and wonder if I should be there for him instead."

I lifted my head to face her, "What should I do?"

Ginny's eyes widened, "You're asking me?"

I gave her a look.

"Fine, Fine. Um-" she shrugged, sighing, "Honestly, in this particular situation, I'd go with my parents. I mean, Malfoy's grown up with the two of them, I'm sure he's learned how to get them to see reason. Meanwhile, these aren't the same people who raised you 'Mione. They can hardly remember you," she smiled slightly, "As much as I want you and to be with Malfoy under some silky green covers," she arched her eyebrow at me and winked, "I think you're right."

I glared at her, my cheeks hot, "I'm going to guess we aren't sleeping under those sheets, are we?"

She grinned wickedly, "Never."

I scoffed, throwing Draco's scarf at her, "You're bloody disgusting."

She grinned at me and threw the scarf back, "Don't forget that 'Mione. Might come in use later," she winked at me and walked out the door, her trunk in tow.

I huffed at her and turned to my trunk, shoving the scarf back in my trunk and hauling it through my dorm, shutting the door on the way out.

I'm doing the right thing, I told myself, Draco will be fine.

• • •

Super short, so I'll update again either today or tomorrow.

Can we just talk about the fact that basically overnight this story went from 4K views to 6k???? You guys are crazy awesome. Also, this story is #1 in dracomalfoy !!!