• Epilogue •

Hermione

"Are you sure?" Ginny asked me, visibly still in shock from my outburst.

I threw my hands up in the air in exasperation, "Ginny, it's kind of hard to overlook puking every morning at 5 am on the dot for the past week."

I paced the master bedroom that Draco and I shared in the manor, "Draco gets home from his business trip tomorrow and I need to be absolutely positive before I tell him or else-"

Hands clapped on my shoulders, spinning me around. Ginny stares at me, hard, "First of all, you need to calm down. Either way, this isn't the end of the world. Second, I can do the test. I've done it on myself a couple of times in the past couple of months."

She looked almost sheepish as she explained, "I'm a little eager to have one of my own, you know?"

I smiled at her and rubbed her arm comfortingly, "And you will, soon."

She nodded before waving me off, "Do you want my help?"

I nodded, my heart beating more frequently, "Yes, please."

She sighed, "Alright, roll up your shirt."

I obeyed, eyeing the clock.

Narcissa's been stopping in around six o'clock every day Draco's been gone to keep me company. We still had twenty minutes and the last thing I needed was for Narcissa to figure out before I could even process it.

Stop it, Hermione, I mentally scolded myself, You're psyching yourself out.

There's also a chance that you're not pregnant, I reminded myself.

The tip of Ginny's wand rested above my belly button and I started in surprise, "Sorry," I murmured.

She waved me off, "Alright, you're going to feel a little pressure in your stomach and when I take my wand away if your stomach glows slightly green the test is positive, if nothing happens then it's negative."

I nodded just as a pulsing sensation rolled through my stomach, making me gasp in panic as my heart pounded, as if my stomach and heart were having a competition for whoever was going to make me pass out first.

Ginny looked up at me and held out her hand.

I immediately gripped it with mine and looked up the sky, praying to Merlin Ginny knew what she was doing.

"Hermione," her voice shook slightly.

My head whipped down to see Ginny had pulled her wand away and a soft green light was radiating out of my flat stomach.

Next thing I knew my knees had buckled underneath me and I was being held in Ginny's arms.

My limbs felt like they were asleep, they were so incredibly heavy to lift off the ground. I blinked and saw Ginny's lips moving but it was like she was a mile away, like someone had stuffed my ears with cotton balls and then put headphones on top of them.

"'Mione!" Ginny's voice rang around me.

I nodded, "I- I'm okay," I breathed.

She let out a breath of relief, "Shit you scared the bloody hell out of me."

I pushed myself up into a sitting position but Ginny kept a very protective eye on me, "Stay there, I'll go get you some water."

I nodded in response and heard her walk down the stairs and into the kitchen.

Bloody hell. This is it. I'm actually pregnant, I thought, What is Draco going to say?

Draco and I haven't even begun to discuss having children, we were both perfectly content the way it was, Draco and I were both very comfortable and happily employed. Everything was going the way we wanted.