• Shut Up Granger •

Hermione

"So, we're not telling your mother that we're fake dating?" I sighed, trying to fix my hair in the reflection of McGonagall's small clock on her desk.

In order to be allowed to leave the grounds, we had to use the floo in McGonagall's office, under her supervision. What are we, third years?

"Absolutely not," Malfoy looked up to see if McGonagall heard, she was no where in sight, went to go tend to a couple of fourth years that got in a fight outside her office, "Do you know what my mother would say if she found out I was doing all this just to get to Astoria?"

"That you're desperate?" I questioned, grinning as he glared at me.

McGonagall poked her head into the office, "It seems I have more pressing matters to attend to than supervising you two, go on, be back before dinner."

She closed the door and left.

My left arm's felt almost tingly since I've gotten the news about going to the Malfoy manor. I've been scratching at it, trying to make it go away.

I glanced down at my arm and swore, the mudblood scar was bleeding.

I turned away from Malfoy and searched McGonagall's office for something to clean the blood with before I could heal it with a spell.

"Granger, look, you don't want to go see my mother, I don't want to go see my mother. I get it. But if we don't go, she will not hesitate to come here and-" Malfoy's eyes saw my bleeding arm.

I waved him off, "I'm fine," even though my voice was shaking, "I just- I need to get something-"

"Granger," he walked up to me and took my arm, his voice soft ,"Hold still."

He pulled a handkerchief and wiped away the blood, revealing the ugly word. I immediately pulled my arm away and pulled my wand out, casting a healing spell quickly, avoiding his eyes.

"Alright, let's get this over with," I said, walking into the fireplace, my eyes locked on the ground.

I felt Malfoy get in after me and I waited for the green flames to erupt. Instead, his hand slipped into my left one.

I looked up in surprise. His face was serious, "I promise you, Granger, I'll protect you. You don't know how often I have nightmares about that day," He glanced down at the scar, "And you have no idea how much I regret not helping you, I'm sorry."

I stared into his eyes and he meant it, every word.

He then turned and threw down the powder, "Malfoy Manor!"

Green flames danced around us as we flooed to the manor, Malfoy never let go of my hand.

We stepped out of the fireplace and my eyes widened.

Narcissa has completely re-decorated the manor after Lucius had been arrested and taken to Azkaban.

Everything was colorful, no black in sight, mostly white and green.

Malfoy squeezed my hand and took a step out of the fireplace, "Mother?"

"Draco! Sweetheart!" Narcissa's voice rang through the manor, she turned the corner, grinning. She walked straight over to Malfoy and wrapped him in a hug, causing him to drop my hand.

"Mother, it's been two weeks since I left," He rolled his eyes at her.

She smiled, "Oh, but it's felt like two years. It's terribly lonesome here-"

She finally glanced my way and her eyes lit up, "Miss. Granger, lovely to see you!"

"Good to see you too, Mrs. Malfoy," I smiled as best I could.

She waved me off, "Oh nonsense, call me Narcissa."

"Come, sit," She led us to the couches. Malfoy and I shared a couch while Narcissa sat in an arm chair across from us.

"Draco, would you be a dear and grab the tea from the kitchen?"

Malfoy sighed and stood, glancing at me quickly, I threw him a desperate glance.

If she kills me, tell Ginny she owes Harry ten galleons, I glared at him.

He chuckled, You'll be fine, Just talk me up and she'll love you.

I rolled my eyes, I don't think I can lie that much to one person

He scoffed and disappeared to the kitchen.

Narcissa immediately launched up and sat by me, embracing me, "Oh you have no idea how happy I am that Draco's given up on Astoria and found you instead."

I almost choked, "Pardon?"

"Oh, I hated that Astoria, so full of herself with nothing to back it up," She waved her hand as if brushing Astoria aside.

I grinned, "I couldn't agree more."

She frowned suddenly, her eyes locked on something.

I followed her gaze to the scar and I froze.

"I- I truly am sorry Miss. Granger. You did not deserve what the war brought you, you all were so young- too young," her hand rested above the scar, she wore her compassion slung across her face.

I smiled and put my hand on top of hers, "Thank you, Narcissa."

Malfoy came out into the sitting room and immediately raised his eyebrows at Narcissa and I.

I grinned and winked at him, I didn't mention you once.

Shut up, Granger, he said, but smirked at me, shaking his head at me.

Narcissa returned to her seat and Malfoy set down the tea on the table, sitting next to me.

I grinned at him, "Why are there only two cups?"

He glared at me, "I dropped one, alright? You happy?"

"Ecstatic," I said.

Narcissa sighed, "So, how did the two of you get together?"

Malfoy and I glanced at each other quickly, Your turn, I said.

Malfoy sighed and launched into a cheesy, slightly rehearsed story of how we got together. Apparently after the war, Malfoy realized how he felt throughout the years about me and asked me to forgive him for all he's done to me throughout school. As we became friends, I realized I wanted to be more than that and apparently I made the first move.

Narcissa was smiling, her eyes twinkling.

When Malfoy was done with the story, Narcissa clasped her hands and sighed, "I've always wanted grandchildren."

My eyes widened and Malfoy gave his mother a look, "Really? See, this is why I don't bring girls home."

She waved him off, "Oh, stop, I'm just messing around," she grinned, "Now, how about we find some childhood pictured of Draco?"

"No!" Malfoy shouted.

"Yes!" I grinned.