• G For an M •

Hermione

I paced the floor of the library, trying not to split my lip open by smiling too big.

"Merlin, Granger, you're going to wear a hole in that floor if you don't stop pacing."

I spun and grinned at him, "Draco! I got the job at the ministry! I did it!"

His lips parted as he grinned at me, his arms spread open and he charged me, trapping me in between his arms and tugging me against him, lifting me into the air and spinning me around.

I giggled as my arms looped around his neck.

He set me back on the ground and grinned at me, "Hermione that's amazing! Although I don't know why you're so surprised, they'd be crazy if they didn't give you the job."

He winked at me and I rolled my eyes playfully at him.

"Here's the letter I got," I handed him the letter I had received at breakfast to him.

He cleared his throat and read aloud the first sentence, "Dear Miss. Granger, We are happy to inform you that you are the newest addition to the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures."

"I start a week after we graduate," I said, smiling slightly at him.

He shook his head at me, his eyes shining with amusement, "Only you would want to start working as soon as possible."

I shoved him slightly, "Says you! You've been running your family company from Hogwarts all year!"

He waved me off, "That doesn't count."

I rolled my eyes at him, "Uh huh, sure."

He reached out and grabbed my hands, intertwining our fingers and pulling me closer, "I don't know about you, but I feel like we should celebrate."

I grinned up at him, resting my chin on his chest, "Oh yeah? And what exactly did you have in mind?"

He leaned down and his lips left a trail from my temple to my ear as his left hand moved to tangle itself in my hair, "Our tree, tonight, ditch the feast, and bring blankets because I have a feeling it's going to be cold tonight..."

He trailed off as his right hand brushed against the strip of skin exposed because my shirt had ridden up slightly.

I gasped and jumped, pulling away while blushing.

He grinned at me and I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Prick."

"Tease."

I rolled my eyes at him and pecked him on the lips, "See you tonight, love."

• • •

Ginny walked into the dorm, picking up her jacket and tugging it on from where it was laying on her bed.

"Hey, I'm going down to dinner, you coming?" Ginny asked, her hand on the doorknob.

"I'm not going to dinner," I smiled, feeling my cheeks redden, "I'm celebrating the job announcement with Draco at our tree."

Ginny's face screwed up in mock disgust, "I swear if Pansy and I have to wake up early tomorrow to drag your naked arses off the grounds before some poor first years can find you I'm going to be royally pissed off."

I chucked my pillow at her, "GINNY!"

My face was aflame and I pressed my cool hands against my cheeks to try and put them out, "You said you wouldn't talk about it."