• Beautiful Morning •

Hermione

I woke up to the sound of nails scraping against metal.

I groaned and sat up, searching wildly around for the source of the noise.

Ginny was passed out on her bed, her hair sticking up in odd directions.

I rolled my eyes at her.

The noise rang through the dorm again and my eyes were drawn to an owl pecking at the closed window.

I sat up and opened the window. The bird fluttered viciously into the room. Is it possible for birds to look annoyed?

I picked up the piece of parchment that the owl had between its talons and groaned.

Granger -

Beautiful Morning, don't you think?

Oh wait, you wouldn't know, you've slept through half of it.

I figured you'd forget about the match so I sent my owl to wake you.

The match starts in ten minutes.

- Draco

P.S. Don't forget my scarf.

I looked at the owl and noticed Malfoy's scarf hung loosely around the owl.

I cursed under my breath and unwrapped the scarf from the owl, gave it some food, and it flew away.

I shook Ginny, "Gin, get up!"

She moaned and rolled over.

"Ginny, we have to go to the quidditch match!" I sighed.

She sat up so fast our foreheads almost collided.

"Quidditch?"

"Quidditch, you Nutter, move it along, we've got ten minutes."

• • •

Ginny and I made our way down the stairs and into the Great Hall, people immediately turned to gape.

I suspect it had something to do with the scarf hung around my neck.

Ginny simply couldn't stop grinning, glancing at the scarf before winking at me.

"I hate you," I glared at her.

Her grin simply grew and she pecked Harry on his cheek, greeting him before sitting down next to him on the bench.

I checked my watch and sighed, grabbing a couple pieces of bacon and toast.

Harry frowned at me, "Where are you off to in such a hurry, 'Mione?"

"Draco has a quidditch match against Hufflepuff in a few minutes, don't want to be late."

Harry nodded, "Here, I'll come with you."

I smiled gratefully and looked to Ginny, she waved me off, stuffing a muffin into her mouth, "Go on, I have my priorities. Tell the ferret I said don't die."

I rolled my eyes, "Sure thing, Gin."

Harry and I walked through the corridors and onto the grounds.

Unfortunately, Malfoy was right. It was a beautiful morning.

"Hermione, I'm sorry," He sighed.

I glanced at him, startled, "For what?"

He turned to me, "I shouldn't have freaked out on you the way I did. I just- It was a shock, you and Malfoy together."

Guilt swarmed my stomach.

I should tell him.

But Malfoy might be mad-

I'm definitely going to tell him.

"Harry," I sighed, stopping halfway down the slope to the quidditch pitch, "I should tell you. Malfoy and I aren't actually dating."

Harry stumbled in shock, "What?"

"Malfoy had heard about me liking Ron but it not working out and so on the train to Hogwarts, he asked me to fake date him to get Astoria back. I wanted a chance with Ron, hoping to make him jealous to get him to like me. I realize now how wrong I was to like Ron that way. Or to even attempt to get him to like me by making him jealous. I forgot how bad his temper is when he's jealous."

Harry stood there, studying me for a minute, "So even though you won't get anything out of dating Malfoy, you are still willing to fake date him?"

I shrugged, "He wants Astoria back. I'm not going to ruin his love life just because it didn't work out for me. Besides, this seems to have the desired affect on Astoria."

Harry smiled at me, "You truly are an amazing person, Hermione."

I rolled my eyes at him, "Shut up."

I started walking again and Harry smiled, "You know, I think this could be good for you and Malfoy."

I frowned, "How do you mean?"

Harry drew his eyebrows together, "Well, you might rub off on Malfoy, teach him a couple things about not being a prick. And, well-" He met my eyes, "the biggest reason I realized I was wrong and wanted to apologize to you was because you looked happier than normal."

I blinked at him in shock, "I do?"

He nodded, "Happier than I've seen you in a long time, actually. I just- I realized that if you were that happy, it didn't matter who you were dating, you know?"

I nodded, trying to comprehend everything.

Harry shook his head, "But, I mean, you're not dating, so... I'm not sure what's making you this happy," He grinned at me, "But I like it."

I smiled at him and pulled him into a hug, "I love you, Harry."

"I love you too, 'Mione."

Harry pulled away, "Let's go watch your prick of a boyfriend lose again!"

I rolled my eyes at him but followed him into the stands.

• • •
Dear Lord, did she just upload two times in one day!? Sound the alarms, the world is ending!

This chapter is honestly best friend goals dude.