• Stubbornly Unconscious •

Hermione

December had rolled around quickly this year. It seems this year everything was going so fast, I often found myself thinking about how much I'm going to miss Hogwarts.

You know - the Hogwarts where Voldemort wasn't attempting to kill everyone in it.

I fell asleep thinking about the future; where I would live, what I would do, who I would be with.

I thought about that last one quite a bit.

I'd dream about Draco and I a couple years down the road, we'd be married, living in a comfortable house with kids that looked just like us, happy.

That's all I want.

I don't need to be some famous person living in a huge manor getting recognized every time I walk down the road, I just want to be happy.

Is that too much to ask?

"Granger!" Someone whispered.

I groaned, refusing to open my eyes, rolling over onto my side.

They scoffed, "Seriously, Granger?"

I waved them off, "Five more minutes, Gin."

"GRANGER!" They shouted.

My eyes flew open and I rolled over to face them, glaring daggers at them, "You-" Draco Malfoy was standing next to my bed, his eyebrows raised, a hint of a smirk on his handsome face- wait, I take that back, I didn't mean that, "What the bloody hell is wrong with you?" I shouted instead.

His smirk grew, "You wouldn't get up. And I thought you were stubborn when you were conscious!"

I stared at him, "First of all, you twat, I am not stubborn. Second of all how in Merlin's name did you get in here?"

"Weaselette let me in, you Gryffindors are terrible at keeping your password a secret," Malfoy shrugged, "We're going to Hogsmeade."

I raised my eyes at him, "Did you just poorly ask me out on a date?"

"Sort of," He gave me a look, "Blaise, Pansy, Astoria, and Theo are going to Hogsmeade and wanted me to come, I said I'd only go if you came."

I blinked, "So that means I can say no?"

He shot me a look, "You're so difficult, Granger."

"Ha!" I burst out laughing, "You think I'm the difficult one? Mr. we have to cancel our fake date on the grounds because it's windy and my hair might get messed up!"

He glared at me, "Alright, Miss. You're not allowed to kiss me because Harry might see it and give me his fatherly disappointed look."

I raised an eyebrow at him, smirking, "I think you just want to kiss me."

He looked offended, "Absolutely not."

"Alright, you keep telling yourself that, Malfoy," I grinned at him.

He shook his head at me, "Get dressed, we're leaving in ten minutes."

I laid back down and smirked at him, "Would you look at that, you're trying to get me to strip in front of you!"

Malfoy paled and his eyes widened, "Wha- I never-" he looked desperately toward the door and stomped toward it, "I'm leaving, I'm leaving right now."

I grinned at the door as it swung shut.

• • •

"You know, I'm really not too eager to deal with Astoria glaring at me for several hours," I remarked, looking pointedly toward Malfoy.

He sighed, "Yeah, me neither, but it'll be worth it in the end, right?"

I grimaced, "Uh, I guess. If you're not excited to see Astoria then why are we even going?"

Malfoy was silent as we walked through the corridors. Around the corner, the other Slytherins were waiting for us. Finally, he sighed and held out his hand, "Come on, Granger."

Confusion swept through me but immediately disappeared as I was met with the cold eyes of Astoria Greengrass.

Dear Merlin, what is wrong with her, I mentally groaned.

Malfoy coughed next to me, his lips twitched in the corner.

"Draco, mate, what took you so long?" Blaise groaned, leaning against the door to the grounds as if he'd been there for hours.

Theo nudged Blaise and wiggled his eyebrows, "I think you know exactly what took him so long."

Blaise grinned at me and Theo winked.

Heat rushed to my cheeks at the assumption.

Astoria scoffed, "Theo, why don't you do everyone a favor and shut up."

"I forgot, it's her time of the month," Blaise rolled his eyes.

Pansy shook her head, "Nope, that's just her personality."

It took all my self control not to snort.

What the hell does Draco see in her?

Malfoy stiffened beside me but quickly walked forward, dropping my hand, "Nobody holds hands that much, just walk close to me and we should be fine."

I nodded and followed him as we caught up to the others, Astoria leading the group, not so subtly looking back at Malfoy every couple steps, it was quite annoying.

The walk to Hogsmeade was cold, even after Malfoy gave me his scarf. I almost missed the smell of it.

I buried my face in it and kept walking.

Once we got to Hogsmeade there was an argument about where to go. The boys wanted to go to Zonko's Joke Shop while Pansy and Astoria wanted to go to the three broomsticks.

"Fine!" Blaise groaned dramatically, "You three girls go to the three broomsticks and we'll meet you back there when we're done."

I immediately met Malfoy's eyes, practically begging him not to leave me alone with Pansy and especially Astoria.

"I don't know guys-" Malfoy began.

Astoria cut him off, her eyes now sparkling, "Oh calm down, Draco. You can be away from your girlfriend for a half hour. She'll be perfectly fine with us."

All eyes were on Malfoy, who eventually sighed and nodded, "Alright fine."

I glared at him as we began to part ways, Fuck you.

He smirked, You might end up thanking me for this, Granger.

I rolled my eyes at him, I highly doubt that.

Fine, how can I make it up to you?

I raised my eyebrows before sighing, Buy me a sugar quill.

"Granger, I will not hesitate to leave without you!" Pansy called.

I gave Malfoy a pointed look before running off to catch up with Astoria and Pansy, praying that Astoria won't figure out a way to literally glare daggers at me.

• • •
Hey guys, sorry I didn't update last week, it was a stressful week back to school after the snow week and a crap ton of tests, not to mention our winter dance was Saturday. Anyways, today we have another snow day so maybe I can start on another chapter hopefully.

Thank you for 1k views! You all are awesome!