• Only For You •

Hermione

"You owe me twenty galleons," a voice chuckled.

"No way, the bet was if they got together before Christmas, I owed you 10 galleons. If they got together after Christmas, you owed me 10 galleons," a voice countered, "And as I recall, Christmas is a week from tomorrow."

"Whatever, Parkinson. Your point is that you doubted me and I am deeply offended," sarcasm dripped from the familiar voice.

"Shut up, Weasley," the voice hissed.

Something kicked my foot, "How did they not freeze out here?"

It was silent for a second before both voices murmured, "Hermione."

I groaned as I started to wake up. I didn't want to move, I was warm and wrapped up in something.

I blinked open my eyes and squinted around, trying to figure out where I was because this absolutely was not my dorm room.

I was wrapped up in an incredibly warm blanket that smelled bloody amazing. I stretched my arm and froze, realizing I was on top of someone.

I looked down in shock and immediately sagged against him.

Draco.

My head was resting in the crook of his shoulder, his arm wrapped around my back, pressing me against his side. His right hand rested on the small of my back while my hands were lazily wrapped around his neck and shoulders. My cheeks warmed when I realized my legs were wrapped around his left leg.

Tightly.

"Hey there, sleeping beauty," a voice said, chuckled.

I spun my head and my eyes widened, "Ginny? Pansy?"

I glanced around and realized we were still outside, under the tree by the lake. We must've fallen asleep last night.

Last night.

Butterflies erupted inside my stomach and my head spun.

"What are you guys doing out here?" I squinted up at them, still trying to get my eyes adjusted to the light.

"What do you mean? We're the managers of your love life!" Ginny rolled her eyes at me.

"Correction," Pansy pointed at Draco, who was still underneath me, "I'm that bastard's love life manager. She's yours."

I slowly sat up to face them, only to be pulled back down.

I yelped in surprise as I felt Draco's arms around my waist, pulling me back into him.

I looked up at them helplessly, yet grinning.

Pansy three her hands up in the air, "That's it- aguamenti!"

A stream of water hit Draco directly in the face and he sat up, sputtering.

I glared at Pansy as I wiped off my face, "Was that really necessary?"

She winked at me, "Just figured you two lovebirds could cool off after a long night of hot love making."

I wrinkled my nose at her as Draco continued to glare at her, "I'm going to personally murder you in about five seconds."

Ginny rolled her eyes at him, "Oh stand down, ferret. We came to tell you that the train leaves for kings cross in an hour and almost everyone is awake now."

"Thanks," I murmured.

"Now go away," Draco hissed at them.

They rolled their eyes at him as they walked away, "Not much of a morning person, huh?"

"Only a morning person if there's sex involved."

"Well I'm sure Hermione will be able to help with that."

"I heard that!" I yelled after them.

Warm hands slid around my waist and I leaned back into his body, sighing.

His head leaned down to kiss the side of my neck and I closed my eyes. I felt everything.

I felt his fingers dragging against my hips, his lips catching the skin under my ear, his breath hot against my skin. Him.

"'Morning love," he whispered, sleep adding a husky growl to his voice that sent my body into shivers.

I opened my eyes and tilted my head back, smiling up at him, "'Morning. I don't know about you, but that's the best I've slept in a while."

He shrugged, "I've been told I'm a very comfortable pillow."

I slapped his chest lightly, "Shut up," I smirked, "you know that's not what I was suggesting."

He grinned and moved a stray piece of hair out of my eyes, his expression turning serious.

"Draco?" I asked, starting to get worried.

"Will you come home with me for Christmas? My father has apparently convinced the wizard court that he is a 'new man' and that he's 'learned his lesson' and they're putting him under house arrest instead of being in Azkaban."

I sat up and turned around, straddling his lap and hooking my arms around his neck. His arms slid around my back and pressed me flat against him.

I frowned, guilt swarmed me, "You have no idea how much I want to be there for you... but I just got my parents back and then I went off to school. I was able to get their memories back, but there are days they still don't remember me. It's been rough. I think I need to be there for my parents right now."

I leaned my forehead against his and cradled his cheek in my hand, skimming my thumb over his lips.

He sighed, nodding slightly, "Of course. I understand. We both have family problems that we both have to deal with."

I kissed him briefly, a reminder that I was there, that I cared about him.

"Besides, as soon as we get back from break, I'll make it up to you," I pulled away from him, my eyes glinting mischievously.

He smirked at me, pressing his hands suggestively against my hips, "Oh yeah? And how, may I ask, do you plan to do that?"

I grinned, "Let's just say... Ginny might need to find somewhere else to sleep for the night."

"Merlin, you're a bloody minx," he growled against my collarbone.

I smirked as I stood, immediately missing the feel of his body, "Only for you."

• • •
Sooo, definitely didn't measure up to the last chapter but I've got a good way to run with this story - I think.