• Go Get 'em Sweetheart! •

Hermione

I stood on the doorstep to my childhood home.

Childhood home.

Because that's all it is to me.

It hasn't been the same since I've got them back. I can't stand another look of sympathy or frustration from them.

I took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

The red door swung open to reveal my mum, whose confused expression flipped into an overwhelming grin, "Hermione, Dear!"

She embraced me, pulling me into the house and I shut my eyes, wrapping my arms around her in turn, a sigh of relief I wasn't aware of sank out of me. They remembered me.

My Father sighed teasingly, "Oh, really? No love for poor old Dad?"

I turned in my mum's arms and grinned, "Dad," I sighed, launching myself into his arms.

The difference between a mother and a father's embrace never ceases to amaze me.

A mother's embrace is warm and immediately radiates unconditional love, bringing back memories from all the times you were clinging to her as a child. A mother's embrace is always safe.

While a Father's embrace, you can feel just how much they've missed you. There's a sad sort of feeling expressed while hugging your Dad. A father's embrace is certain. While your mother would ask why you're wrapped around her, your Dad just simply hugs you and no words are exchanged - or needed. A father's embrace is reliable.

Yet both are filled with so much love.

I pulled away from him slowly as he ruffled my hair slightly, causing me to huff playfully at him.

"Why don't you go on upstairs and unpack, love. Dinner's almost ready," Mum says, walking into the kitchen, summoned by the ring of the oven.

"Alright," I replied as I tugged my luggage up the stairs and back into my room. I smiled at the familiarity of it all.

My mind wandered as I unpacked my clothes and belongings. Naturally, Draco was the first thing that came to mind.

Guilt and worry simultaneously swarmed me as I sat myself down on my bed.

Surely he wasn't receiving anything near the same treatment as I was. A loving embrace from his mother- surely, but Merlin knows how his father will treat him.

Especially when he finds out about Draco and I.

I gasped as absolute dread filled my lungs, making it impossible to breathe.

Merlin, Draco I'm so sorry- I cupped my head in my hands, Godric, what have I done?

"Dinner's ready Darling!" A muffled shout came from the kitchen.

"Coming Mum!" my voice cracked slightly as I shouted a reply.

I stood, blinking rapidly and taking deep breaths, pulling myself together.

I made my way down the stairs, unable to push Draco from my mind as I sat down at the dinner table.

Mum and Dad sat down beside each other and I sat to my Father's left as I smiled at the two of them.

"Looks great, Mum," I smiled, stabbing a piece of chicken and sticking it in my mouth.

She smiled warmly back at me, "Thank you, Dear," she grasped Dad's hand and sighed happily, "Oh, it's just so wonderful that you're home, Darling. We've missed you terribly."