• Cover Your Eyes •

Hermione

"Ginny, hurry up! We're going to miss dinner!" I called up the stairs to our dormitory.

"Calm down, the plates magically refill themselves. Even Ron can't empty them," she calls as she walks down the steps.

I got up from the sofa, where I was waiting for her and sighed, "I know, I just wanted to get there so that hopefully afterwards I could talk to Draco. I don't know if that kiss changed things. He's not giving me many answers."

"Ugh, that prat," she groaned.

I shot her a look.

"What?" she shrugged, "I thought we were mad at him."

I pushed open the portrait, "I don't know Gin, I just can't seem to get an answer out of- Draco!"

Draco stood outside the portrait, swinging around a small bag, "Granger," he nodded at Ginny, "Weaselette."

"Ferret," she sighed.

I nudged her and she rolled her eyes, "You heard me."

"What are you doing up here?" I asked, taking a step closer.

He leaned against the wall, his hands in his pockets and looking way too good looking for his own good.

Merlin, focus Hermione!

He smirked at me and held up the bag, "I was wondering if you'd want to ditch dinner with me?"

Before I could respond, Ginny shoved me forward, "Absolutely."

I stumbled before hitting Draco's chest, his arms wrapped around my waist to steady me, my hands flat against his chest.

Ginny began talking, startling me out of his arms.

"I'd say I'll save you dessert but I'm sure you'll already get some," she winked at me before walking away.

"Ginevra Weasley!" I called after her.

I could still hear her laughing as I turned back to Draco.

He raised his eyebrows at me, "Shall we?"

I rolled my eyes at him, "Fine."

"Love the enthusiasm," he said before walking down the corridor, "Come on, Granger."

"Where are we going?" I asked, smiling while shaking my head at him.

He looked at me, completely serious, "I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you."

"Draco," I said.

"Cover your eyes," he said.

"Why?" I whined.

"It's a surprise,"he grinned, "Come on Granger, don't you trust me?"

I opened my mouth to responded before he pointed at me, "The correct answer is yes."

"Fine. Fine," I held my hands up in surrender before shutting my eyes, folding my arms over my chest.

"Give me your hand," He said, excitement evident in his voice.

I sighed, holding my arm out in the air awkwardly.

He eagerly slid his hand into mine and gently tugged me forward.

I had no idea where I was going and that terrified me, mostly because I know the steps are very close by.

I wrapped my other hand around his wrist as he pulled me along the corridor.

"Okay, stop. Steps," he said.

I sighed, "Can I just open my eyes for this?"

"Absolutely not, here. Step forward, there. Yes, okay good. Step there, then there," he laughed, "Great, now if these staircases don't start moving, we'll be fine."

I scoffed, "Well it's lucky that these aren't know for magically moving then."

"Isn't it?"

I made it down another step when he sighed, "You know, this would be a lot easier if I just carried you."

"Don't you dare," I warned.

"What are you gonna do, Granger?" I could practically hear his grin.

I stuttered, "I'll - I'll uh. I'll open my eyes."

He let go of my hand and it was silent.

"Draco Malfoy, I swear if you left I will personally murder you," I called out.

His hands were suddenly around my arms and he pulled them to loop around his neck before grabbing my legs and pulling me onto his back.

"Draco!" I yelled.

"You were taking too long!" He laughed, making his way swiftly down the steps.

I scoffed in his ear, "And whose fault was that I wonder?"

He shrugged, "Don't open your eyes."

I sighed and rested my head against his shoulder, "Wouldn't dream of it."

Draco made his way down the staircases at an impressive speed, every five minutes yelling, "ARE YOUR EYES CLOSED!?"

To which I would in turn yell in his ear, "YES DRACO, MY EYES ARE CLOSED!"

This caused him to almost drop me several times.

"Okay, the steps are gone, you want me to put you down now?" Draco sighed.

"Yes you bloody idiot," I groaned.

"Well that's too bad."

I flicked his ear, "Ferret."

"Watch it, Granger!" he growled, pretending to drop me.

I shrieked and wrapped my legs around his waist, "Can't get rid of me that easy."

He cleared his throat, "Close your eyes."

We must've been passing the great hall because suddenly noise boomed to my left, silverware on plates, laughter, and teenagers conversing.

The noise was drowned out by a noisy breeze drifting and I knew we must be outside.

What the hell are we doing outside?

Draco let me off his back and I sighed, "Can I open my eyes yet?"

"No! Just- give me a minute," he murmured.

There was rustling around me and at one point Draco let out a high shriek following with a string of curses.

I laughed, "Are you alright?"

"Shut up, Granger," he paused, then said, "Alright, open."

I opened my eyes immediately and gasped.

We were underneath the tree next to the great lake. Draco had strung what looked like christmas lights through the tree branches. Underneath the tree Draco had spread out a big blanket, I recognized it from his bed, on the ground. He had four candles at the corners of the blanket and I looked up to see him glaring at the muggle lighter he must've used.

I giggled, "Did you burn yourself?"

He gave me a look, "Really? I made this amazing picnic thing and you bring up the fact that I burned my finger while trying to use a muggle lighter?"

I grinned, "It's beautiful, Draco. Thank you."

"You're welcome," he said grudgingly, "Now sit down, I'm hungry."

I dropped to the ground, hugging myself, trying to keep warm. The sun had almost set and the wind was picking up as the temperature dropped, "You brought food?"

He raised his eyebrow at me before opening a bag, "It's a picnic Granger."

I shrugged, shuddering a little from the cold.

"Oh!" he said, remembering something before digging through the bag.

He pulled out two blankets. One had Slytherin colors and the other... was mine.

I gave him a look.

He grinned sheepishly, "I asked Weaselette for it. I figured it would be cold."

I stood, "While you find the food, I'm gonna warm it up in here."

"What?" he asked, squinting at me.

I walked a couple feet away from the blankets and tree before murmuring a sort of invisible spell to block the wind and cold off. I circled the tree and blankets and repeated the spell until an invisible dome type shape was covering us.

When I got back to the blankets, Draco had a full feast laid out.

I sat down and Draco threw me my Gryffindor blanket.

I grinned and threw it back. He looked at me questioningly.

"I want the other one," I stated simply.

His eyes widened, but he quickly recovered, throwing me his blanket, "Uh, why?"

I smirked at him, wrapping his blanket that carried his scent on it around me, "Because I want to see you bundled up in Gryffindor colors."

He refused to use the blanket.

• • •

Holy crap that was a long chapter.

Guys I just finished watching the Umbrella Academy and whoever made Luther number 1 instead of Five needs to get their eyes checked. Klaus is by far by favorite character, he's a freaking meme.

Anyways, enjoy the chapter that took me forever to write. If you liked this one just wait for the next one 😏