Chapter 24

ITS 11:30AM ON NEW YEARS EVE AND I HAVE JUST STARTED WRITING THIS CHAPTER BUT I HAVE FAITH I WILL GET IT DONE... maybe

Update: I typed 372 words before I stopped XD

Question: When you read Toby's dialogue, do you read it with or without the stutters?

Early update because
1) It's my birthday (Jan. 5th, 2002 YEET)
2) @Angelpanda101 and several others asked me to update early
3) I'm in a good mood idk fam

•••••

After EJ and I's conversation, you could say he basically became my closest friend besides Toby.

A few days went past and Toby ended up being perfectly fine.

It was nothing major at all. He had simply forgotten to take his meds for a few days but he had a smooth recovery. When he woke up, I was ecstatic.

"Tobyyyyyyyy!!!!" I exclaimed, running over to his bed and tackling him into a hug.

Toby immediately hugged me back and we stayed like that for several minutes before I finally decided to pull away.

"Toby you- you waffle trash- you trash bag- you underserving- you-you," I started crying as I held onto his shirt.

Toby pat my back gently and rubbed small circles on it.

"(Y/N), it's okay. I'm here. I'm okay," He reassured me. I looked up at him in surprise.

"You-you didn't stutter?" I said, wiping tears from my eyes.

"Ah... I think it's from the stuff EJ gave me. It won't last long," he replied, reaching to scratch his neck.

I chuckled and shook my head, engulfing him in another hug.

"I'm so glad that you're okay! You had me so worried! I can only imagine how hard it was for EJ to deal with both of us," I commented, burying my face in his chest.

Toby seemed to freeze.

"What do you mean? Were you hurt too? Are you okay?" Toby asked, worriedly.

"No no no... it's just I was so worried about you and EJ was basically the only person I felt like I could go to so he had to deal with me in that state and you. I feel bad," I explained, sighing.

Toby's hold on me tightened the slightest amount.

"Okay... I'm glad you're okay then. I'm sorry for worrying you..." he trailed off.

"It's okay Toby... just hold me like this for a little longer and I'll be okay," I replied, hugging him tighter.

"Ok..." he responded.

We fell asleep in each other's arms shortly after that.

The whole ordeal only strengthened one of my biggest fears, but instead of acknowledging what I was afraid of, I decided to ignore it.

When Toby and I woke up again, I was glad to see that he was doing fine and I knew we had a lot to talk about, but the first thing I decided to do was scold him.

"Toby... what were you thinking not taking your meds? How could you forget about something so important?" I asked, no longer laying down but instead sitting on the bed.

"S-sorry. A lot-t was go-going on-n," he answered.

I shook my head in disapproval.

"EJ told me he thought it was because you were worried about me, at least at first. Is that true?" I questioned, wondering if EJ has actually been right.