Chapter Four

Those few words stung, and the ones I had spoken were out of line. He had shut his eyes, as if to shut out the world. And again without thinking I came up to him and undid his tie. Then unbuttoned  his coat, then his white (but stained red) button-up shirt off. 

     He opened his eyes and looked at me. "Amber, what are you doing?" I could feel my face heat up with embarrassment. I was undressing a very good looking man. But I truly wasn't trying anything. I was going to get the blood out before it settled. 

     I rushed along to the laundry room. Once I got all of that out of the way, I went and got a dampened towel. Sebastian was obviously exhausted. He had sat down on the couch with his head in his hands. I couldn't help but stare at his strong toned body. He was more beautiful than any human. I shook myself out of that daze and sat down on the couch next to him. He still didn't look up. The towel was getting cold. 

     "Hey, Sebastian look at me." He did, but slowly as if it pained him. His jeweled eyes were full of agony. I wiped off his face gently, without saying anything. I gazed down at his hands which were limply laying in his lap. I took each one, cleaning them. I set the towel down on the coffee table, still not sure what to say to him. Hopefully he would speak first. I took his hands in mine. And I remembered that quote: actions speak louder than words. I tilted his chin upwards toward me. His eyes still avoided mine though. I collected all of my courage, leaned forward, and kissed him.

     He immediately wrapped his arms around me. Holding me. I was holding him to me as well. He slipped his hands up my shirt and down my bare skin. I pulled back for air. He came right back in for more. I wrapped my legs around him. He stood up and stumbled to my bedroom.

     My mind telling me this was wrong, but my body yearned for him. He smelled like him sweet and strong, I loved it. I was soon on top of him and running my hands down his amazingly toned chest. I pulled away from our embrace and asked, "Are you okay?" He looked puzzled. "Why would you ask that?" I thought back to earlier, when he seemed lost. "Well. You looked.... to be in a lot of pain. Are you really okay with our whole relationship that has been set in place? Is human and demon alright?" He put his hand to my cheek and said, "There is nothing that says we cannot be lovers." 

     Even if it was just to put me to ease I worried that he would some how get into trouble. He kissed me again, it was long and passion flowed between us. His warmth was making me giddy. He was something never to lose. I wanted him forever and always. I don't like people, and people don't like me. But I liked him.

     He whispered in my ear, "I love you." I could feel his honesty. I hadn't been given the chance to properly love someone before. This was amazing. Then he said something unexpected, "My dear, I don't have enough energy to carry on like this." I sighed and said, "Alright." The atmosphere had been perfect. Oh well. I got up and got back into my pajamas. As I was changing Sebastian said, "You are very pretty." Then I realized this was the first time I had changed in front  of him. I heard him chuckle, then he said, "Come on over here." I did. 

     He sat up and placed his hand over my heart. "Hey." I could feel his eyes on me. He took my hand and lifted it up and let it go. He wanted to see me do the same. So I did. I placed my hand over his heart. I could feel the soft comfort of a beat. He leaned forward, I thought he was going to kiss me, but he didn't. He just put his head against mine, I leaned into him a little. With our hands still placed over each others hearts he spoke and said, "I want to stay with you. You seem to care. Thank you." I teared up a bit. "W-well I do c-care about you." 

     I could feel his aura of calmness flowing off of him. He pulled away from me and gently planted a kiss on my forehead. He laid down, and I went along. It had been intense night for the both of us. Rest sounded wonderful. I laid my head on his bare chest. I said, "You have a heart, I can feel it." He put his arms around me. And we both drifted off into a peaceful sleep.