Chapter Nineteen

When I awoke, I found Sebastian looking at me with worry and sadness in his ruby eyes. He had changed my clothes. I also didn't feel like I was bleeding. Then Sebastian said quietly, "You have a fever of 110." I felt like it to. 

     I had the chills and couldn't stomach anything. I moaned throughout the night. I felt awful. But Sebastian tired his hardest to break the horrible fever. It just wouldn't. He sat at my bedside. Watching over me with those loving eyes. He loved me and I loved him. That's all I needed. Love. 

____________________

     Then that night I felt myself begin to slip. Sebastian felt it too. "My love. Don't leave me here tonight. We are suppose to be forever. Don't go! My sweetheart stay with me. I love you. I love you. I love you!" I put my hand to his cheek. "My Sebastian I love you and that will not in a million years change. I will love you forever." 

     He held my hand to him. For I was to weak. I felt his tears fall upon me. I saw them slid down his face. The face I had come to adore. His eyes beckoning me to stay. But I couldn't. He held my hand. I looked at him and said, "Thank you Sebastian, my love." I felt the warmth of his body. And the fall of my mind. 

     Sebastian embraced me and rocked my shell back and forth. He wept. He cried like no other. He yelled out in agony. The agony of the loss of love. The loss of a future. Of happiness. For he had adorned me with the flowers of life. 

     For this, my darlings, is the end of my tale. My tale of Sebastian, the man that saved me. And made me happy. If you ever come across him, thank him. Tell him it's Amber. And that she still loves him. 

**** I'm so sorry. One more thing. Stay tuned. ****